Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The Barney Fuckdoggle Award

No Fuckdoggling in a loss. I agree it ahoulx be kept exclusive as possible.

That said, James Jones iIS the week 1 FUCKDOGGLER on accout of how unwanted ue was in/after camp.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    2015 Barney Fuckdoggle Award Winners:

Week 1: James Jones
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Looking at your list pb, I gotta say it goes to JJ. Cut by two teams this season, moves from the Giants roster to the Packers at final cutdown and catches 2 TD passes 7 days later? Ya, that's a Fuckdoggle extraordinaire!
    this

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Pugger found it first.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    2015 Barney Fuckdoggle Award Winners:

Week 1: James Jones
    Week 2: Jayrone Elliott

Wait, how is this different than the Bruce Wilkerson Award? Besides sounding a lot better, I mean.

I want to get a Packer jersey with "Fuckdoggle" on the back.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

The Bruce Wilkerson Award is annual and has no limits on who is eligible, except that the original plan for the season cannot have depended on him to deliver a good performance. Scrub or not, doesn't matter.

Andre Rison, for instance, is entirely eligible.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    No Fuckdoggling in a loss. I agree it ahoulx be kept exclusive as possible.

That said, James Jones iIS the week 1 FUCKDOGGLER on accout of how unwanted ue was in/after camp.
    We should discuss this. If, despite Elliot's two huge plays, he had played well in a loss, wouldn't he have deserved the award? Its not his fault if a DB loses Graham on a long TD play.

I think the Fuckdoggle is most notable for being a scrub who on any other team would immediately derail the entire effort. In other words, he would Marshmellow it.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Bruce Wilkerson Award is annual and has no limits on who is eligible, except that the original plan for the season cannot have depended on him to deliver a good performance. Scrub or not, doesn't matter.

Big Howard Green gets the Bruce Wilkerson Award for 2010. At mid-season, we had a fat guy shortage. Not enuff troops for the goal line and short yardage units. The week before we played the Jets, Rex Ryan stupidly cut Green and we snapped him up. He went right in on all the big ass units and played really well. (we shut out the Jets 9-0. BTW)

In the SB, Howard hit Big Ben in the arm while he was passing. Nick Collins picked the pass and we went up 14-0. Howard earned him a Super Bowl ring and a Bruce Wilkerson Award that season, I'll tell ya.

BW is typically for a scrapheap guy. Fuckdoggle seems more general - the original post made it clear it included everyone, particularly for lower round rookies and FA depth that only the Packers seem to find. Sam Shields is a Fuckdoggle.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

We should discuss this. If, despite Elliot's two huge plays, he had played well in a loss, wouldn't he have deserved the award? Its not his fault if a DB loses Graham on a long TD play.

I think the Fuckdoggle is most notable for being a scrub who on any other team would immediately derail the entire effort. In other words, he would Marshmellow it.
    I AGREE - only wins

Pugger found it first.
    Yep. Thanks to Pugger or I would have never made this thread. Pugger gets the non-Packer fuckdoggle award.

But...don't overthink this. If you find yourself going "That's a Barney Fuckdoggle guy!" You probably are right. We are not going to have strict rules about this. We will not amend the Madtown/Harlan rulebook.

Pugger gets the non-Packer fuckdoggle award.
    Are you suggesting Pugger is not Packer people? What ugly whispers have you heard?

BW is typically for a scrapheap guy. Fuckdoggle seems more general - the original post made it clear it included everyone, particularly for lower round rookies and FA depth that only the Packers seem to find. Sam Shields is a Fuckdoggle.

To me, Barney Fuckdoggle is the unknown scrub (well, unknown to fans of other team cuz we all know every Packer, right down to the PS) who comes in and makes some big plays in a win.

It used to happen to the Packers a lot - an unknown QB would come in and play well against them. It'd make you so mad.

So it's that kind of guy, to me. A kind of "who the hell is that guy?" You know, a Barney Fuckdoggle.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    To me, Barney Fuckdoggle is the unknown scrub (well, unknown to fans of other team cuz we all know every Packer, right down to the PS) who comes in and makes some big plays in a win.

It used to happen to the Packers a lot - an unknown QB would come in and play well against them. It'd make you so mad.

So it's that kind of guy, to me. A kind of "who the hell is that guy?" You know, a Barney Fuckdoggle.
    The original Fuckdoggle might be Paul Justin then.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Big Howard Green gets the Bruce Wilkerson Award for 2010. At mid-season, we had a fat guy shortage. Not enuff troops for the goal line and short yardage units. The week before we played the Jets, Rex Ryan stupidly cut Green and we snapped him up. He went right in on all the big ass units and played really well. (we shut out the Jets 9-0. BTW)

In the SB, Howard hit Big Ben in the arm while he was passing. Nick Collins picked the pass and we went up 14-0. Howard earned him a Super Bowl ring and a Bruce Wilkerson Award that season, I'll tell ya.
    Yes. That is official for Green. There is a thread that promises offseason action on moving other nominees through the process, but it went the way of Ted's offseason FA visits.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    Are you suggesting Pugger is not Packer people? What ugly whispers have you heard?

Week 3.

Well?

Thomas?

Week 3.

Well?

Thomas?
    Man...I wanted him to have it but I yanked it after he speared Datone.

Alonzo's first NFL run of 16 yards had him on the Fuckdoggle podium temporarily...but that was the only highlight. It was a Fuckdoggle moment anyway.
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Fair enough. Does anyone merit this prestigious award or does it go empty for week three?