Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: I AM CURSED..........RANDOM GRIPING....NEED TO FIND A TV

Blog Entries
    INTERESTING UPDATE

Well, things have improved a bit; first I tried what Zool first suggested.

I took the cable box out of the scenario. I unpugged the co ax cable going into the box, and plugged it directly into the TV on Antannae A on back of the TV.

Then I added the cable channels on there.

Now before there was absolutly no video feed; the message I received was the channel was going to be available shortly. Had that since Wednesday; Charter never suggested doing anything but the power off and unplug. They also never gave any bias as to what is wrong; my theory was the Box, but they offered nothing as far as to what they thought.

NOW I can get all of the channels that I can receive without the box, but they get in at about 33% visibility. Hear the sound perfectly.

IF I'm reading this right, it does sound like it's the Cable Box then ? And the channels are probably coming in about as good as they can ?
    It's surely an improvement. At least I can partially watch football now.

Thanks all for input, and any further ideas are appreciated as well

B

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    LOL ...no skinmax for B for a few days!!!!

sorry B, had to get that in.

I'm going through several withdrawals and am getting the shakes already

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky
    Quote Originally Posted by GrnBay007
    LOL ...no skinmax for B for a few days!!!!

sorry B, had to get that in.

I just won 10 bucks! LOL

? HOFer
    INTERESTING UPDATE

Well, things have improved a bit; first I tried what Zool first suggested.

I took the cable box out of the scenario. I unpugged the co ax cable going into the box, and plugged it directly into the TV on Antannae A on back of the TV.

Then I added the cable channels on there.

Now before there was absolutly no video feed; the message I received was the channel was going to be available shortly. Had that since Wednesday; Charter never suggested doing anything but the power off and unplug. They also never gave any bias as to what is wrong; my theory was the Box, but they offered nothing as far as to what they thought.

NOW I can get all of the channels that I can receive without the box, but they get in at about 33% visibility. Hear the sound perfectly.

IF I'm reading this right, it does sound like it's the Cable Box then ? And the channels are probably coming in about as good as they can ?
    It's surely an improvement. At least I can partially watch football now.

Thanks all for input, and any further ideas are appreciated as well

B
    If you can get all the channels of digital cable, somehow you're receiving an ASTC signal with an NTSC tv (unless its a digital/high def tv). This, or the fact that the box is converting the images from progressive to interlace, could be the reason that you're getting an unclear image.

Blog Entries
    I reread my post and erred in my explanation. I can receive all of the basic cable channels; not the digital channels that I normally need the box for.

But before taking the box out of the equation "all" of the channels were unavailable. Now just the ones that required the box are unavailable. But they get in like crap.

? HOFer
    I reread my post and erred in my explanation. I can receive all of the basic cable channels; not the digital channels that I normally need the box for.

But before taking the box out of the equation "all" of the channels were unavailable. Now just the ones that required the box are unavailable. But they get in like crap.
    Hmmm... That's bizzare, so you're receiving the NTSC (which you should be), but the signal appears weak. I think RG is right and somewhere along the line there is a damaged cable or something.

Perhaps if the cable companies didn't have a monopoly on coverage areas, we customers could take our business elsewhere.

And remember, millions of Americans cannot get DirecTv for geographic reasons, not to mention financial ones.

Really? I thought trees were the only obstacle (well that and the occasional mountain). It's actually cheaper than cable as well.
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MJZiggy
    Really? I thought trees were the only obstacle (well that and the occasional mountain). It's actually cheaper than cable as well.
    Not if you have four TV's in the house and a Cable TV/ Cable Internet Package.

Senior Rat All-Pro

--------------------------------------------------

Bretsky, just reading what you've had to deal with is mind-boggling,
    I can almost feel the frustration!

We have Charter too but just for the TV - week before last we suddenly see only lower portion of screen where it gives channel, time of day etc....called Charter and they sent 2 guys out next day, they said all we needed was a new box. They took the old one and went on their way.

Two days later, a Friday, same deal. Called them again. They said they'd be out next Tuesday - that meant missing the Packer's game with the Rams. In the meantime, that same Friday we called them, my computer screen suddenly went black and it shut itself down. From that day, til last Tuesday, there was NO TV, NO computer, you wanna see withdrawal ??? Not a pretty sight!
    After a few days of this it would stay booted up for me, but I'm still holding my breath.

So I hope you're 100% ok now - - so far, so good over here !
    Is it really a halo or
    just a swelled head ?

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar

weird.....your hand is going thru withdrawl too??? maybe try giving your hand another job to handle. maybe try writing or typing on PR.

to fix your reception try plugging in those tin-foil laced rabbit ears. at least you could get the local channels?? just like they did befor the invention of cable.

El Jardinero Rat HOFer MadtownPacker's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dammit Bretsky, cant you just cheap some rich people on their loan so you can get DTV? It is the programming that pimps nationwide prefer.