Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: I hate my neighbors!!!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by justanotherpackfan
    http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qn4196/is_20060621/ai_n16493834
    Here is a little bit of the article.

The early story of 21st century Wisconsin can be told as a tale of two cities.

Milwaukee's population is shrinking.

Madison's is growing.

That's what the numbers say, numbers delivered today by the U.S. Census Bureau, which released yet another batch of population estimates that detail the rich tapestry and ever-changing nature of the state and country.

Milwaukee's population slipped to 578,887 in 2005, while Madison's increased to 221,551, the bureau estimates.

Milwaukee lost 4,257 residents, or 0.7% of its population, from 2004 to 2005, the fourth-largest percentage decrease among American cities with more than 500,000 residents. Madison gained 1,402 people during that time.

Although some officials notably Milwaukee Mayor Tom Barrett dispute the estimates, Milwaukee, the nation's 22nd largest city, has suffered a drop of 18,087 residents since the 2000 census, while Madison grew by 13,497, the Census Bureau estimates.

I don't think the population is moving to Madison. They are moving to Waukesha County. And what is funny about that is that the Waukesha Housing Authority is giving these people great housing at a HUD housing rate. Unfortuntely these people like to beat there kids and lock them in closets. Gee, how do I know this you ask? Because they are my neighbors, I love buying property and then finding out my house is surounded by HUD Housing.

A triple homicide in Milwaukee yesterday. Crime is down 12 percent from last year.

Redneck Rat HOFer Little Whiskey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ImMrPete
    The north side is like a war zone. Have you ever driven up North ave or Hampton at night? It's scary as hell.
    I used to live on Hampton, growing up.

now where i live i get to bait my neighbors with corn and apples then sit in a tree and shoot them!!! its a great way to keep a great respect level between you and the neighbors. (ps they are deer)

Quote Originally Posted by justanotherpackfan
    A triple homicide in Milwaukee yesterday. Crime is down 12 percent from last year.
    That's nothing...we've had a double felinicide over the weekend in Oshkosh:

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/...310170022/1987
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v739/mike_zankle/icebowltickets.png

Senior Rat HOFer the_idle_threat's Avatar
    I've lived on Milwaukee's far NW side for half a dozen years. It's not been that bad for me at all. Sorry to hear your experience has been different.