Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
The Bears had 11 possessions, not including the last one of one kneel down play. In the 11 possessions, 8 ended in punts:

5 possessions were 3 and out.
1 possession lasted 6 plays and netted 12 yards
1 possession lasted 6 plays and netted 13 yards
1 possession lasted 5 plays and netted 24 yards

The three scoring drives were:

TD after a 34 yard drive that took 9 plays following Lacy's fumble. They didn't yield easily, as evidenced by the Bears needing 9 plays to cover 34 yards. But the defense had the Bears in three 3rd downs, needing 4, 3 and 3 yards, but couldn't hold them. Three chances to hold the Bears to a field goal.

TD after a 58 yard drive that took 7 plays after the Bears returned a Packer kickoff to their own 42. Packer D showed little resistance in this drive, never getting to third down, and getting to 2nd down only twice.

FG after an 83 yard drive requiring 15 plays. The D gave up yards relatively easily, until the Bears had 1st and goal from the 4 yard line. Packer defense held at that point, limiting the Bears to a FG.

Not a dominating performance, but I can't criticize the defense too much.
I think it is an easy observation that the defense held their own and it was the offense that stunk up the joint. But now what does MM do about it. I don't hold much hope as I have always thought MM is vastly overrated.