Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
He was probably in the Go Pack Go cheering section when RR gave his on-field interviews!

That's EXACTLY where we were! Section 122 in the corner. And hell yes we stayed!!!

The play started on our end so the Packers were moving away from us. When the defense gave up that third-and-12 pass earlier, I thought it was over. But I kept saying to my wife, "you know, it's about time they win one of these last-second games." I kept the faith - I bucked the fuck up, as I mentioned early in the game thread.

The second-to-last play, it did look like a face mask from where we sat. The crowd, which had been raucous off and on, was mostly quiet before that last play. The Lions sent three but split double-teams easily, and I'm pretty sure Bach and Barclay should've been called for holding/block in the back.

When Rodgers launched it, I'll never forget that ball arcing high and sailing away from us, as if it were heading into the rafters. I saw a Packer in white go up, two arms over his head, and most amazingly, no Lion in front of him, only one on either side, it seemed. I saw the catch, him bringing it down, and for a beat the whole place hung silent. Then everyone exploded, and our section of Packer fans went berserk.

As I said to my wife as we left, you could watch football for another ten years and not see another play like that, much less be a part of it.

I couldn't stop smiling. My voice is shot. I will treasure that moment always.