View Poll Results: Try to win last game and face Sea/Minn at home or rest everyone and play Wash on road?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Win - Season has been bad enough, need home playoff game

17 53.13%
  • Lose - Rest is important and strategically its the smart move

15 46.88%
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Win or Lose? @Washington or Vs. Seattle/Minnesota for Playoffs

And with that, Fritz Shurmur just rolled over in his grave.

Well done pb.

Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    And with that, Fritz Shurmur just rolled over in his grave.

Well done pb.
    Fritz was more forward thinking than you credit him. You don't dream up the 2-5 Eagle by being Chuck Knox.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

He also would be violently opposed to your view on this game.
    Last edited by esoxx; 12-31-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Haha, holy shit.

Thrice as funny. Shit's basically anatomically accurate, since most avians shit, piss, and drop eggs from the same hole. And, it does pretty well cover some Rats and their opinions on sandbagging.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yes, and if they choose not to rest them, that will also be the best plan. Everything TT and Stubby will be for the best, Dr. Pangloss.
    That's candid.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I would hope your Boolean Operators tell you True or False or you have a faulty implementation.

But you have mis-identified the point. Its not a wiggle, its a clear statement of preferred outcomes, in their desired order. To wit:

1. Better health
    2. Weaker opponent
    3. Increase odds of playoff run
    4. Home game
    5. Get offense straightened out
    6. Momentum

A win is important as everyone will feel better. But like the emotion to start a game, a win will get you exactly Zero points the next week. So momentum is unworthy to chase.

A win would get you a home game, but the Packers record at home this year is not marvelous. They have lost to lesser teams already. A home game, while the fans definitely deserve it, offers little in the hope of an extended playoff run. Its one game at a place that has not delivered this year like it has in years past.

Get offense straightened out. One more game is less likely to do the trick than all the other games since Week 6 where they have been trying to fix this mess. A far better ameliorative option is to get the O line healthy. The best way to do that is an extra week of rest with no game. Sit the injured starters.

Do the choosers of Lose want to lose? No.

But we are prepared to accept that outcome (and the scheduling benefits) to make the team better for a playoff run. Yes.

The rest of you Win Now meatheads can go run into a concrete wall with you head and helmet to prove how tough you are. Like Gus Ferrotte, you will be hospitalized while the winners collect the trophy for most postseason success.

So suck it poseurs. And Happy New Year.
    For some reason, that reminded me of this:

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Blow them out so you can rest some folks in 2nd half, get some momentum, etc.

Playing minny back-back weeks or Seattle again are tough games... But newsflash - it's the playoffs stupid.

Wouldn't Sean Connery want to sex up the Queen, not just the Prom Queen?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago
    Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones won't play in regular season finale http://wp.me/p14QSB-9X7S

Belichick gets it.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    ^^^^. I'm sure runtnstunt will point out the obvious and monumental differences in circumstances. In any case, Stubby needs to go because any other coach would have already won 7 super bowls with a QB like Rodgers.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

^ Circumstances are a bit different, but not significant enough to forego this strategy.

Plus add a few more.

Mike Reiss ‏@MikeReiss 56m56 minutes ago
    Patriots rule out LB Dont'a Hightower, WR Julian Edelman, CB Justin Coleman, OT Sebastian Vollmer, DE Chandler Jones, LB Jonathan Freeny.

ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk 12m12 minutes ago
    Dont'a Hightower, Chandler Jones won't play in regular season finale http://wp.me/p14QSB-9X7S

Belichick gets it.
    What he gets is that his team has already clinched a first round bye, and is playing a bad team that has basically nothing to play for. And he knows they can easily beat this team while sitting two of their best defensive players. If the Pats were playing a good team that could jump them in the standings, forcing them to go on the road in the first round vs playing at home, I'm sure they would play.
    Last edited by yetisnowman; 01-01-2016 at 10:49 PM.

is this thread moot yet?
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Kind of unfair comparing strategies when Hightower and Edelmen would not be able to go, even if it were an elimination game.

pbmaz...Please look at your PM Inbox for a message I sent this morning;.

Thank You and have a great New Year first weekend.

GO PACKERS ! GO PACK GO !!
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-02-2016 at 08:59 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

I agree. This kind of bravado is pointless. They need to be as healthy as possible.
    It could be that there is a lot more wrong with this team than injuries. Possible that stubby knows all the rest in the world, won't fix what's truly ailing this squad.

I got here to late to vote dont come here to much any more since all the whining sorry but the way I see it is fair weather packer fans are one thing I just cant stomach it makes me sick I want them to win every game but they are my team win or loose and sure I want them better every year and this has been a year to test every bodies nerves . I would have voted on the poll to go all out to win the division I dont believe this yrs team is going to far in the play offs and after watching years and years of Packers losses and a successful season being any season we beat the bears 2 times in a yr. I want them to win there division any time they can.

Quote Originally Posted by wpony View Post
    I got here to late too vote. I dont come here too much any more since all the whining. Sorry but the way I see it is fair weather packer fans are one thing I just can't stomach; it makes me sick. I want them to win every game but they are my team win or lose. I sure want them better every year. This has been a year to test every bodies nerves . I would have voted on the poll to go all out to win the division. I dont believe this years team is going too far in the playoffs. After watching years and years of Packers losses and a successful season being any season we beat the Bears 2 times in a yr., I want them to win there division any time they can.
    FIFY

Ty Believe it or not I dont mind a little help with the grammar with all the pain meds I am on from my back I am lucky to get the spelling close LOL especially when its done with kindness have a great night mraynrand and esoxx
    All I can say to the packers is Getter done LOL I also have many memories of Tarkenton having our numbers for so many yrs. and making Sundays not very fun lets take there steam away going into the playoffs ,where i am living there are many viking fans trash talking the packers and it started the 1st game time to hush them up lol

^^^^ just messing around. Be well.