Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
NDSU isn't Division II. They moved up to Division I (FCS). They've won championships (5) every year since, except their first year. No team at any level of college had won 5 straight. They've won their last 6 games against FBS competition (including defending Big 12 champion, Kansas State, in a year they won a bowl game), all on the road. Lately, some of the games haven't been that close, 34-14 over Iowa State and 37-24 in a comfortable win over Minnesota. Of course, most of those teams are lower echelon Power 5 teams (Minnesota, Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State, Colorado, Colorado State). Next year, they get Iowa, so it will be a bigger test, and they lose their QB, Carson Wentz, who might end being first QB taken in this year's draft.

http://www.sbnation.com/college-foot...P-PLAYING-THEM
I know they changed the designations, but sorry NDSU didn't win the 'Level one' championship, whatever the hell you want to call it - FBS or some other such nonsense. They won the lower level FCS championship. I'm too bored to look it up, but has the same QB led them in every championship, because that's the point I was making with Otto Graham? I'm not really interested in digging deep into NDSU football, as fine a program as they are.