Quote Originally Posted by yetisnowman View Post
They upgraded at key positions as opposed to re signing their guys. They are a better team because of their aggressiveness. They could have resigned Tebow, cromartie, Decker, Adams....but they didn't. They got better at those positions. It doesn't always work out, but Elway executed it brilliantly this go round. Are you really pretending there is no difference in the strategies?
I'm not pretending anything. I don't know how many of their lose-one, sign-one FA trade offs were improvements and how many weren't improvements. More importantly, I don't know how many were planned and how many were the result of an inability to reach agreement with the departing player. I think way too much is being made of a few FAs signed, not to fill holes, but to replace players that were just as good, maybe a little better, maybe a little worse. I'm not sure this Denver team was actually better than the one that lost the SB a coupls years ago. But, I will give Elway credit for making them different, not sure if it was better than the last one.