Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread: GET HARD!!!! 2016 NFL DRAFT TODAY!!!!

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Wow. Really surprised at the defensive talent that the Pack will get to choose from.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

http://www.draftinsider.net/reports/2016/CB/Artie-Burns

Artie Burns
    School: Miami-Fl
    Position: CB

Positive: Two-year starter awarded all-Conference honors as a junior after totaling 36 tackles, 6 INT's and 5 PBU's. Well sized cornerback who plays an aggressive brand of football. Displays good awareness, mixes it up with receivers throughout the route and physically beats down opponents defending the throw. Quick flipping his hips in transition, effectively reads the opponents eyes then gets his head back around to locate the pass in the air. Stays with receivers out of breaks, shows a burst to the ball and nicely tracks passes in the air. Defeats blocks getting up the field, make plays against the run and to his credit chases hard to get to the action.

Negative: Lacks the quick and fluid backpedal. Late reacting to receivers moves off the line and usually a quarter step late to the action.

Analysis: Burns showed tremendous improvement in his game the past two seasons and was a cornerback rarely challenged by opposing signal callers. He possesses the size and underlying skill to develop into a starter at the next level if he continues to progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Agree on DL; very deep draft there. DB or OL would be classic TT....like the OT from Indiana
    I could see Spriggs. OT is a need (for depth and for a possible starter next year), so I wouldn't be too unhappy. I don't think Ifedi ideally fits our scheme.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

7. ARTIE BURNS | Miami 5117|193 lbs|3JR Miami, Fla. (Miami Northwestern) 5/1/1995 (age 21) #1
    YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF PD INT GRADE 2nd Round 2013: (11/0) 17 0.5 0.0 1 4 1 MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 1/4 | Hand: 09 1/2 | Wingspan: 78 2014: (13/11) 40 2.0 2.0 0 6 0 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.46 | 10-YD: 1.56 | 20-YD: 2.63 | VJ: 31.5 2015: (13/12) 39 0.5 0.0 0 13 6 PRO DAY BP: 7 | VJ: 33 | BJ: 10’04” | SS: 4.32 | 3C: 6.96 Total: (37/23) 96 3.0 2.0 1 23 7

BACKGROUND: A four-star cornerback recruit out of high school, Burns received offers from USC, LSU and several Florida schools, but chose to stay home and commit to the Hurricanes – also a record-setting hurdler in high school. He saw the field on special teams and as a reserve cornerback as a true freshman, finishing with 17 tackles, four passes defended and one interception. Burns became a starter in 2014 as a sophomore (11 starts) and recorded 40 tackles and six passes defended. He had his most productive season in 2015 as a junior, starting 12 games and leading the ACC in interceptions (six) to earn Second Team All-ACC honors. Burns elected to forego his final season of eligibility and enter the 2016 NFL Draft.

STRENGTHS: Good-sized athlete for the position with excellent height, length and growth potential…above average play speed with the transitional quickness, hips and body control to ride routes downfield…great adjustments on the ball in flight to make plays – does receiver-like things in coverage…crowds the catch point and doesn’t allow receivers to get comfortable…strong hands to jam and reroute in press…stings in run support, breaking down in space to wrap and wrestle…bat out of hell as a blitzer, closing with an extra gear…ballskills to finish interceptions – led the ACC in interceptions in 2015…experienced on special teams coverages…recordsetting track athlete in high school, breaking records in the 110-hurdles (13.35) and 300-hurdles (36.14)…humble worker and focuses on the details…mentally tough and works through adversity – mother (Dana Smith) passed away of a heart attack midseason (Oct. 2015); his father (Artie Sr.) is currently serving a 25-year prison sentence for cocaine trafficking.

WEAKNESSES: Lean limbs and needs to continue and add bulk to his frame…struggles to shed blocks and needs to develop his functional strength…tenacious tackler, but hugs too much and his tackle attempts require mechanic refinement…will turn his hips too early off the snap and needs to improve his transitional sink…panics after a false step, grabbing to slow down the receiver and attracting penalties…can be driven off patterns and be late to recover vs. comeback routes…needs to develop his eye discipline and spatial awareness, allowing receivers to get vertical and create spacing.

SUMMARY: A two-year starter for the Hurricanes, Burns played primarily at boundary cornerback at Miami, starting 23 games the last two seasons. Play speed at the cornerback position is critical for the next level and he checks that box with the lower body explosion and hip fluidity to play tight coverage in both man and zone looks. Burns has receiver-like traits to limit passing windows, but needs to better anticipate routes and cut down on the holding downfield. Although undisciplined as a tackler and with his hands in coverage, Burns has the requisite play speed, competitive toughness and budding ball awareness to develop into a starting press corner in the NFL – will contribute on special teams as a NFL rookie before becoming a regular starter by year two.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We are going to get a DL or LB I wanted before the draft.
    we should, but like bretsky said, just because we have such obvious needs and all those guys are there, TT will go in a different direction

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    We are going to get a DL or LB I wanted before the draft.
    Nah, lol... Spriggs is exactly the type of finesse OL they love.

Thinking it will be Spriggs.
    wist

Schneider showing he learned under Ted.

Blog Entries
    FUCK...BRONCOS TRADED WITH SEATTLE..................GB SHOULD HAVE TRADED WITH DENVER..........OUTFOXED AGAIN !!!!!!!
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

denver jumps up for a QB

everyone we could want is sitting there for us

Broncos jumping to Lynch or Cook.

If they take Hackenberg, we might get revenge for the cap cheating.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Patrick Smyth ‏@psmyth12 1m1 minute ago
    Broncos have traded 1-31 and 3-94 to Seattle for 1-26.

Broncos to take a QB? TT has to be trying to trade down here.

WE have a LOT of guys here we did not think we see.

Let's call a spade a spade. Ted's a pussy when it comes to gambling with injuries so no f'ckin way do we take Jack
    Tell that to Justin Harrell.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

I would have traded with the Broncos.

I'll take Spriggs, Ragland, Reed, Butler, or Clark. Not sure about Jack's medicals. A little early for Deion Jones perhaps--although I like him.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    FUCK...BRONCOS TRADED WITH SEATTLE..................GB SHOULD HAVE TRADED WITH DENVER..........OUTFOXED AGAIN !!!!!!!
    Broncos going DL to get ahead of Pack. No need to trade with SEA.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    I would have traded with the Broncos.

Extra 3rd is nice.....

Trade down with all the talent available? I have no idea what top do
    Go PACK

Blog Entries
    Ragland
    Robinson
    Billings

a OL for the future
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Are you drunk and hearing voices ?? lol
    no, it was on walterfootball.com earlier