Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2

6. KYLER FACKRELL | Utah State 6050|245 lbs|5SR Mesa, Ariz. (Mesa) 11/25/1991 (age 24) #9
    YEAR (GP/GS) TKLS TFL SACK FF GRADE 2nd Round 2011: Redshirted MEASUREABLES Arm: 33 | Hand: 10 1/8 | Wingspan: 80 2012: (13/13) 87 8.0 3.0 1 COMBINE 40-YD: 4.72 | 10-YD: 1.61 | 20-YD: 2.75 | BP: 15 | VJ: 34.5 | BJ: 10’01” 2013: (14/14) 82 13.0 5.0 2 PRO DAY N/A 2014: (1/1) 2 0.0 0.0 0 PRONUNCIATION Kie-ler // Fack-rull 2015: (13/13) 82 15.0 4.0 2 Total: (41/41) 253 36.0 12.0 5

BACKGROUND: A no-star athlete recruit out of high school, Fackrell received some attention from FCS-level schools, but no FBS offers until Utah State entered the picture late in the process – also an all-region basketball and volleyball player in high school. After redshirting on defense in 2011, he earned a starting role as a redshirt freshman and recorded 87 tackles, 8.0 tackles for loss and 3.0 sacks to earn First Team All-WAC and Freshman All-America honors in 2012. Fackrell started all 14 games as a sophomore in 2013 and finished with 82 tackles, 13.0 tackles for loss and 5.0 sacks, earning Second Team All-WAC honors. He tore the ACL in his right knee in the 2014 season opener, which put him on the shelf for the rest of the season. Fackrell returned healthy in 2015 as a senior and led the team with 15.0 tackles for loss, adding 82 tackles and 4.0 sacks to earn First Team All-MWC honors. He accepted his invitation to the 2016 Senior Bowl.

STRENGTHS: Tall, long-levered frame…worked hard to develop his muscle and limb strength – was only 200 pounds when he arrived at Utah State…loose athlete with smooth redirection skills and long strides to cover a lot of ground…lateral quickness to sidestep blocks or string plays to the outside…active rusher and quick to read, adjust his angle and close – blockers don’t have an answer for his stunts or loops in space…uses his length to engage and lock out…looks natural in reverse and has experience in coverage – offers athletic versatility and natural ballskills (eight passes defended and four interceptions in his career)…played on special teams coverages in college, including one blocked kick…humble and hard-working, but also feisty and competitive – singled out as the leader of the defense by his head coach…football junkie who already works and prepares like a professional…football bloodlines – father (Darrell) played defensive end at Utah State (and mother was a an Aggies cheerleader)…squeaky-clean boy scout off the field with a compassionate, mature nature – married (Elizabeth) with a one-year old daughter (Delaney)…highly productive with 253 tackles and 36.0 tackles for loss over 41 career starts.

WEAKNESSES: Lean-muscled body type with lanky bulk…not a forceful player at the point of attack and needs to develop his take-on strength to push through the shoulder of blockers…plays tall and too easily caught up in the crowd – quick hands, but shed technique and block recognition requires fine-tuning…needs to better break down and finish in space…long-legged mover, leading to choppy steps and lost balance in short-areas…inconsistent backfield vision and anticipation, which leads to overaggressive tendencies…older prospect and will be a 25-year old NFL rookie…missed all of the 2014 season due to an ACL tear in his right knee (Aug. 2014).

SUMMARY: A three-year starter, Fackrell lined up as an edge rusher and outside linebacker in Utah State’s 3-4 base, almost always standing up and playing on both the left and right sides of the formation – was a jack-of-all-trades defender who rushed and dropped in coverage. He is a tall, long-armed and flexible athlete with range and closing burst, doing his best work in space because he’s not a power player – has ballskills and would be a very intriguing tight end prospect. Fackrell can be too easily controlled at the point of attack and needs to develop his take-on strength to better dispose of blockers, but the competitive toughness is there. He has above average intangibles and you won’t find anyone who says something negative about him as a person. Fackrell isn’t an explosive player, but flows with great effort in pursuit and offers functional versatility to be an every down player, ideally suited in a 3-4 scheme.

dudes already 25

Jeff Potrykus ‏@jaypo1961 27s28 seconds ago
    Jeff Potrykus Retweeted Green Bay Packers
    If I recall, former #Badgers DC Dave Aranda thought highly of this kid.

I will tolerate no disliking of this pick due to this recommendation. Should you disagree, please report to Bretsky or texapackerbacker for your tongue-lashing.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Totally a Packer People/Person...whatever. Good Solid Pick

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Packers draft Leonard Floyd in the third round
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Isn't he the bad guy from the latest Star Wars movie?
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    My draft board for the Packers would look like this right now:

Dodd, Kevin DE 6'5" 277 Clemson
    Shepard, Sterling WR 5'10" 194 Oklahoma
    Correa, Kamalei DE 6'3" 243 Boise St.
    Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St.
    Spriggs, Jason OT 6'6" 301 Indiana
    Nassib, Carl DE 6'7" 277 Penn St.
    Spence, Noah DE 6'2" 251 Eastern Kentucky
    Two out of seven ain't bad!
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    pittstang, you've been a huge fan of all the picks. It's a much brighter side to your gameday persona.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by pittstang5 View Post
    Totally a Packer People/Person...whatever. Good Solid Pick
    white with long hair?

24(87) Bengals Vigil, Nick ILB 6'2" 239 Utah St. 5.3

25(88) Packers Fackrell, Kyler OLB 6'5" 245 Utah St. 5.8

26(89) Steelers Hargrave, Javon DT 6'1" 309 South Carolina St. 5.5

27(90) Seahawks Prosise, C.J. RB 6'0" 220 Notre Dame 5.5
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Steelers take my pick again (Hargrave)
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dudes already 25
    Well, 24 1/2 but I noticed that right away too Red. I honestly don't know anything about him so I'll reserve judgment.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Crap, Seattle got Prosise. Liked him.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Isn't he the bad guy from the latest Star Wars movie?
    Holy Fackrell!

Quote Originally Posted by SMBASS View Post
    Well, 24 1/2 but I noticed that right away too Red. I honestly don't know anything about him so I'll reserve judgment.
    Shhh...don't split hairs over 1/2....Wisty will get you!

Blog Entries
    Hey Bitches
    JUST BACK from watching my boys 1st baseball game. I hope rereading this whole thread will bring me some entertainment I can comment on.

Hoping we got a big time TE or ILB tonight or another stud DL
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Hey Bitches
    JUST BACK from watching my boys 1st baseball game. I hope rereading this whole thread will bring me some entertainment I can comment on.

Hoping we got a big time TE or ILB tonight or another stud DL

Can I be first to say 'what the fack?' - I'm not following draft - just thought we'd be taking another dl or ilb

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    My draft board for the Packers would look like this right now:

ILB Reggie Ragland
    TE Hunter Henry
    ILB Deion Jones
    OG Cody Whitehair
    OLB Kamalei Correa
    OT Shon Coleman
    ILB Joshua Perry
    DE Chris Jones
    DT Jarran Reed
    DE Jonathan Bullard
    CB Xavien Howard
    DT A'Shawn Robinson
    OLB Noah Spence
    WR Sterling Shepard
    DE Bronson Kaufusi
    OLB Kyler Fackrell
    DE Jihad Ward
    CB Kendall Fuller
    OLB Jordan Jenkins

No idea where Myles Jack and Jaylon Smith might go.

LOTS of defensive guys to love there
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fosco33 View Post
    Can I be first to say 'what the fack?' - I'm not following draft - just thought we'd be taking another dl or ilb
    Packers needed serious help with pass rush and pass pro (tackle). I think they've addressed that (assuming they are any good)