Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ACDC??? WTF!!!!

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    You're old.

Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    Woody I think you are getting hung up on the commercial success of certain tracks. Nobody can argue that songs like Hells Bells, Thunderstruck, Shoot to Thrill are some of the greatest tunes of all time. I recognize that Ball Breaker didn't have a monster track on the album, but I like I stated there are reasons for that, as the title track is great track.

I ain't trying to convince any of ya, but take a listen and see if it maybe changes your mind.
    I'm listening to this video material as I post this. It's pancakes without maple syrup....or molasses.

Deputy I'm not caught up on the "Commercial Success" of AC/DC; rather choosing to express preference for Bon Scott/ material over the bulk of what we hear in the post Bon Scott era.

I duly not the material in this latter era that is IMO very well done.

Your not aware of all I listen to that is good ROCK music. Have you taken the time to get to know the great Canadian band "TheTragically Hip" ? The Hips lead singer and writer Gordon Downey is superb...the lead guitarist Rob Baker is solid. I'd like to turn you onto "really good Rock".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tragically_Hip

Try:

"Blow at High Dough" and also from Album "Up To Here"
    "New Orleans Is Sinking"

Try the title track from "Fully Completely".

Try from their album Phantom Power> Poets and Vapour Trails... I'm impressed with this cut that to my knowledge wasn't released as a single. It might be difficult to find online!?

If you love ROCK don't hesitate with this suggestion:

Order online the Live DVD "That Night In Toronto"..I promise you'll be blown away. Theygot three or four curtain calls and just went on and on with an amazing performance.

The HIP is a crackin good ROCK BAND Deputy Nutz.If your not aware of them your short changing yourself. Lead singer Gordon Downie is one of the very best front men in ROCK ever. His writing is impressive and his performances exciting....a real treat.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 04-21-2016 at 12:53 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

You're old.
    https://s.yimg.com/ny/api/res/1.2/PI...0upto1_500.gif

nuuooope !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

This is probably Bon's greatest work

You're old.
    Almost as old as Prince...but still kicking.
    C.H.U.D.

Scary when people your age start to die

I was lucky enough to see both lineups and both were great shows....probably the loudest live music I've ever heard. After Back in Black the arena shows took over and they had a load of props and showy stuff....I just prefer the guys playing highly amplified music over cannon blasts and pyrotechnics.
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    I'm listening to this video material as I post this. It's pancakes without maple syrup....or molasses.

Deputy I'm not caught up on the "Commercial Success" of AC/DC; rather choosing to express preference for Bon Scott/ material over the bulk of what we hear in the post Bon Scott era.

I duly not the material in this latter era that is IMO very well done.

Your not aware of all I listen to that is good ROCK music. Have you taken the time to get to know the great Canadian band "TheTragically Hip" ? The Hips lead singer and writer Gordon Downey is superb...the lead guitarist Rob Baker is solid. I'd like to turn you onto "really good Rock".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tragically_Hip

Try:

"Blow at High Dough" and also from Album "Up To Here"
    "New Orleans Is Sinking"

Try the title track from "Fully Completely".

Try from their album Phantom Power> Poets and Vapour Trails... I'm impressed with this cut that to my knowledge wasn't released as a single. It might be difficult to find online!?

If you love ROCK don't hesitate with this suggestion:

Order online the Live DVD "That Night In Toronto"..I promise you'll be blown away. Theygot three or four curtain calls and just went on and on with an amazing performance.

The HIP is a crackin good ROCK BAND Deputy Nutz.If your not aware of them your short changing yourself. Lead singer Gordon Downie is one of the very best front men in ROCK ever. His writing is impressive and his performances exciting....a real treat.

No thanks, your taste in country music is enough to tell me about your overall taste in music, but like most things I am sure you are an absolute expert in music.

Scary when people your age start to die
    Fucking tell me about it. A cousin of mine died recently...at 53! Prime of his life really....making huge money and would have retired in a few years. He was in great shape...always took care of himself....but his heart just stopped.
    C.H.U.D.

No thanks, your taste in country music is enough to tell me about your overall taste in music, but like most things I am sure you are an absolute expert in music.
    Your prejudice clouds your mind; distorts any vision of what to grow means. I feel truly sad for you Deputy Nutz.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    I was lucky enough to see both lineups and both were great shows....probably the loudest live music I've ever heard. After Back in Black the arena shows took over and they had a load of props and showy stuff....I just prefer the guys playing highly amplified music over cannon blasts and pyrotechnics.
    I have been to every concert since 1996, and I think they had to go to the props because everyone else. The last show they had the bell, and they had Rosie, not much more than that besides the stage.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Your prejudice clouds your mind; distorts any vision of what to grow means. I feel truly sad for you Deputy Nutz.
    You're a weirdo

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Fucking tell me about it. A cousin of mine died recently...at 53! Prime of his life really....making huge money and would have retired in a few years. He was in great shape...always took care of himself....but his heart just stopped.
    same thing happened to the Lizard King.

Sorry to hear it. Brothers of two close friends had same thing happen this year. Nearing the 5-0... It's .. gettin' ... dark!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

You're a weirdo
    Deputy please.... may I offer you this wisdom:

I've been informed that....

Always here to help inform you.....woodbuck27....My name is Ed.
    I truly care...have sympathy for a man such as you that has so much to learn.

A caution:

Time is running ...short.

Crap

My ears, are bled. Brian Johnson is lucky his hearing is going so he doesn't have to listen to that garbage.