Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Josh Sitton.

Quote Originally Posted by Cobra Kai View Post
    Its also possible that Sitton fucked Holmgren's daughter...
    I'm thinking he didn't call for two weeks afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    A must-listen for anyone looking to get to the heart of this situation.

Chmura says he knows what happened. It was "something" - an incident in the locker room that was the last straw of a pattern for Sitton.
    must listen. Hee hee hee. Look, I love Chmura, he's funny and has a damn good head on his shoulders for a Republican. But he has thrown more shit against the wall in the past decade than a dung hut builder.

You want some intelligent analysis? Listen to Mike Lucas's conversation with Tom Spoon Silverstein. Its midway in the show.
    http://thebig1070.iheart.com/media/play/27287548/

Silverstein is bewildered like all of us, leaves an opening for a degree of truth in a lot of factors. But he says the largest factor was saving cap money on a declining veteran that TT wanted to replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    From a strict football view, it makes no sense.
    I've come around to seeing that it does make sense. It's just that you and I don't agree with TT's call

I've been very negative towards Dougherty's Vince Lombardi II column, but I'm seeing now he was right on at least half of it. TT sees Sitton as a guy in decline, and he simply wants to develop younger players for the long term, including later this season. You and I don't see eye to eye with him in this case.

The starting guard-center for this season is Tretter-Lindsley, not Taylor-Tretter. Taylor and Barclay are the plan Bs for the playoff run.

TT wants to build team chemistry now around his younger players. Lets see if he is a mad genius or merely mad.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    JAson Wilde thoroughly debunked that one on Homer's show. He did the research, talking to lots of players.
    I agree.

Mike Daniels, a proud African-American, was not too happy with Sitton's release. Had Sitton used the N-word, Daniels would be like, fuck that cracka, yo!

My guess is, Sitton probably called Ted the other F-word. Not fuck, but the other one, you know, the one that means cigarette in England.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

http://www.espn.com/espnradio/playPopup?id=17480611

A must-listen for anyone looking to get to the heart of this situation.

Chmura says he knows what happened. It was "something" - an incident in the locker room that was the last straw of a pattern for Sitton. He's unwilling to say specifically what happened. It has something to do with today's "sensitive" world. He thinks he wouldn't have been cut in '96 but things are different today. "The Packers are a family."

He also say that he thinks Sitton is too good and the Packers should have kept him. Perhaps he's not as sensitive to the issue in this specific incident.

Let the source bashing commence.
    At least two years ago, Chmura did get the Finley injury right. So somehow, someone is still talking to him.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

One thing I forgot to mention from Tauscher's long discussion about Sitton, he suggested that this could be very much about how much the Packers like both Tretter and Linsley, and while Lane Taylor might be the place holder for the time being, it could really be about getting both Linsley and Tretter on the field 6 weeks from now. He emphasized how much the coaches really like Tretter.
    Ultimately, this is what I think they want.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Just a cautionary note: the F-word "fanny" in England is a synonym for "cunt." Such a pretty word, "fanny."

I've come around to seeing that it does make sense. It's just that you and I don't agree with TT's call

I've been very negative towards Dougherty's Vince Lombardi II column, but I'm seeing now he was right on at least half of it. TT sees Sitton as a guy in decline, and he simply wants to develop younger players for the long term, including later this season. You and I don't see eye to eye with him in this case.

The starting guard-center for this season is Tretter-Lindsley, not Taylor-Tretter. Taylor and Barclay are the plan Bs for the playoff run.

TT wants to build team chemistry now around his younger players. Lets see if he is a mad genius or merely mad.
    You aren't disagreeing with me, you are disagreeing with Tauscher. What you quoted from my post was a summary of what Tauscher said in his half-hour discussion about Sitton.

Well then fuck that guy.

One thing I forgot to mention from Tauscher's long discussion about Sitton, he suggested that this could be very much about how much the Packers like both Tretter and Linsley, and while Lane Taylor might be the place holder for the time being, it could really be about getting both Linsley and Tretter on the field 6 weeks from now. He emphasized how much the coaches really like Tretter.
    I think this might be a large part of what's behind the release. You can tell, based on the JSOPG stuff, that they really, really do like Tretter - plus he's four years younger than Sitton. And they really like how rugged Linsley plays. And my guess is that they see Taylor as a competent backup at guard. Plus this gives them the chance to extend one more player than they might have with the extra money. Had Linsley not gone on PUP, you wonder if they'd maybe have released Sitton sooner.

Nonethelss, I still don't like the move. Normally I applaud The Thin White Duke for his work, and for looking out for the long term, but in this case I think he's jumped the gun. Sitton is very likely still going to be a better guard this year than Linsley or Taylor, and it seems his back issues can be managed for one more season. Sure, let him go at the end of the season - and get a comp pick. But come on, this is a possible Super Bowl team, and you just weakened yourself at a position. Why do that?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    But come on, this is a possible Super Bowl team, and you just weakened yourself at a position. Why do that?
    Many reason, at least 6,850,000 of which were very tangible reasons. I doubt that the Packer brain trust thinks that the net result of this decision negatively impacts their SB aspirations significantly, or they wouldn't have done it. They have too long of a history of letting players play out their contracts. While they may have accepted decreased performance at LG to be one result, in their minds there are perhaps intangible benefits to offset it, and they are willing to accept the decrease in performance at LG as a result.

Well then fuck that guy.
    Might be your thing, not mine.

Everyone says this is in part or mostly to help the young guys. Well the young guys don't stay young forever. If you have a history of fucking over your vets, it will eventually bite you in the ass.

Blog Entries
    Coincidences?

1. Josh Sitton comes from a military family.
    2. On Aug. 30, Sam Barrington tweeted, "I support Colin Kaepernick 100%"
    3. Four days later, Sam Barrington and Josh Sitton were surprise cuts.
    4. The Packers are known for emphasizing keeping locker room issues out of the media.

As an org, the Packers re-sign more of their own vets that any other team. Going to be hard to rewrite the reputation with one cut down day waiver.

Coincidences?

4. The Packers are known for emphasizing keeping locker room issues out of the media.
    So is Aaron Rodgers the next one to go?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ions/89671186/

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Everyone says this is in part or mostly to help the young guys. Well the young guys don't stay young forever. If you have a history of fucking over your vets, it will eventually bite you in the ass.
    Do the Packers look like they have been bitten in the ass? Thompson has been at this a long time now.
    Even if Sitton wasn't treated fairly, one player doesn't make it a "team history".

Coincidences?

Even more interesting because one of the rumors was a dust-up between Sitton and Barrington, according to Wilde. Wilde said he couldn't reach Barrington, and Sitton denied it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    So is Aaron Rodgers the next one to go?

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ions/89671186/
    Maybe the dots need to be connected one or two steps beyond answering a question about an issue in the media... I'm sure if something happened, it will be denied til the cows come home so there will probably never be conclusive proof of any incident.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Given all the rumors flying, I think it's safe to say the season can't start soon enough.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers