Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
All likely true, but a second ILB on PS behind three unproven ones on the roster seems more valuable than a 2nd WR on PS` behind 7 on the regular roster. By all reports that I saw, Waters showed little to nothing in camp and was somewhat of a let down based on his perceived potential, whereas several reporters thought Brown showed enough potential to make them think twice about letting him go.

Oh well, can't get too excited about comings and goings on the practice squad!
You're correct. Bigger fish to fry.

Just as an aside, I've been watching the Packer's personnel moves with an eye on the SPARQ rankings which, I guess, attempt to grade and compare the athletic abilities of NFL players and prospects. The correlation is uncanny. I suspect TT puts a lot of stock in them.

For instance, Cajuste is ranked #5 among all WR prospects and Waters #20. That puts Cajuste in the company of Josh Doctson and Corey Coleman and Waters ahead of Sterling Shepard. Doctson, Coleman and Shepard are all starting caliber draft choices.

Also, if you are surprised TT didn't draft Reggie Raglund, it could be because Ragland ranked #77 among LB prospects whereas Kyler Fackrell was #57 and Blake Martinez was #55.

By the way, Dean Lowry was ranked #5 among Defensive Linemen and Brandon Burks, Don Jackson and Jhurell Pressley were ranked #12, #13, and #14 respectively among all rookie running backs.

Kind of too strange to be a coincidence.