Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
The guy has good straight ahead speed for a big guy. The knock against him is he's not very shifty in close quarters. And he doesn't break a lot of tackles despite his size. He has returned kickoffs.
One year my fantasy backs were decimated. Jamal Charles was one of 'em and I drafted his back-up. Then I cut the back-up (he was hurt)
and drafted Davis. He immediately had a big game & I had him on the bench. When I played him he was good for about 3 pts. Back to the bench and he puts up a 20 spot. But I watched him some. He has some skills. He's short, very strong, fast, and muscular. He's kinda like Doug Martin, maybe he's the muscle gopher or something. he pretty good at rainbow routes and has decent hands. Running outside? He has real problems getting to the outside. He starts slowly and those fill guys catch him a good bit of the time and stone him. If he can spring wide, he creates problems for the D. He's faster than backers and is a load for any DB to tackle. I disagree with the "not shifty inside" deal. he has quick feet and can jab step one way and hit a gap going like a crazy man

Pass pro? He has issues. He's strong like a bull and can nail the shit out of an inside blitz from an ILB. When blitz pick-up is needed on an outside man like a Ware or Peppers style dude? He's usually physically outgunned. Those tall, long armed buggers just guzzle him. He needs some help, like keep Rodgers in to chip the long tall boys and let Davis pick up the ILB's or circle him out of the backfield. He knows the job and is good at making adjustments.

he didn't fumble much when I had him, maybe that was a later development.

There can be some upside to this kid, lets hope we get more than our fair share.