Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Wild Card Week: They Might Be Giants

Ty Dunne is torturing Packer fans. He just posted this:

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If McCarthy is impressed enough by their D, I could see him getting under center.

But since he believes his guys will win, and even against the Seattle in that disastrous first half, I would bet on shotgun to start.

I do see him testing them by running though. We'll see.
    I'm not suggesting they should or will go under center exclusively or even a lot. But if they do it even a handful of times we could see play-action and a big shot downfield later on.

The Packers run play action from shotgun/pistol as well - in fact most often - but it's not even close to being as effective selling the run.
    The Packers actually averaged fewer yards per pass with play-action (6.3) than without (6.9), one of only five teams to see yards per pass drop with play-action.
    Last edited by vince; 01-07-2017 at 02:04 PM.

ProFootballTalk @ProFootballTalk

The Packers still haven't sold out Sunday's playoff game, and they're enticing fans with free hot chocolate
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Ripper with bum shoulder. Questionable.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 18m18 minutes ago
    Packers added FB Aaron Ripkowski (shoulder) to the injury report and he is questionable for Sunday.

Blog Entries
    Well that sucks. Good thing they got Kerridge involved last week.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie the Taxi View Post
    I see what you're doing there, Fritzie ole boy.
    Shhhhh.....
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You two are annoying. All this logic, all this analysis of facts, these intelligent posts.

The Packers are going to lose. I can feel it. We've seen it before, twice, against this very QB in the playoffs, at Lambeau. The only questions will be whose fault was it, and who should be fired.
    Calm yourself Fritz
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

You think that picture will calm me down??
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Well that sucks. Good thing they got Kerridge involved last week.
    I would've used a kool-aid emoji for that one.

I see the Giants D, and OBJ mentioned here. Am I the only one concerned about Cruz and/or Sheppard? Both very good WRs. With the CB situation, I can see Capers scheming to give extra help with OBJ, leaving the other two with good matchups. I think Ha-Ha's play will have a big impact on the outcome of this game.
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    You think that picture will calm me down??
    Let me re-word that. Distract yourself Fritz.
    --

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    I would've used a kool-aid emoji for that one.

I see the Giants D, and OBJ mentioned here. Am I the only one concerned about Cruz and/or Sheppard? Both very good WRs. With the CB situation, I can see Capers scheming to give extra help with OBJ, leaving the other two with good matchups. I think Ha-Ha's play will have a big impact on the outcome of this game.
    Good points. They are largely overlooked. It probably has a lot to do with the fact that Shepard was held to 2 catches for 14 yards and Cruz was shut out when they came to Lambeau earlier in the year. That probably isn't going to be the case again.

Cruz hasn't really been the same player since they moved him from the slot where he excelled before his injuries and the arrival of OBJ.

I think a lot also has to do with their integration in the Giants' short passing attack that requires longer sustained drives but Manning hasn't been accurate enough to consistently deliver. Beckham being their feature guy and designated big-play producer (101 for 1367 yds and 10 TDs) has accounted for the bulk of their offensive production.

Shepard's 65 catches for 683 and 8 touchdowns may be a little underrated though.
    Last edited by vince; 01-07-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    Which controversial AP All Pro will help validate their selection tomorrow?

Bakh was also selected as a 2nd Team PFF All Pro. Vernon did not make PFF's cut this year.
    DE Olivier Vernon — one of New York’s big-money free-agent acquisitions this past offseason — has thus far been an upgrade among the Giants’ defensive line, recording more QB pressures (86) than any other 4-3 defensive end this season (albeit on 26 more pass-rushing snaps than the next-closest player). Without Jason Pierre-Paul suiting up, Vernon’s impact will be even more important on Sunday, as he’ll need to disrupt Aaron Rodgers in the pocket. Likely slowing Vernon, however, will be Packers LT David Bakhtiari. For the 2016 regular season, Bakhtiari recorded the second-highest pass-blocking efficiency mark among all NFL offensive tackles.
    In the first match-up, Bakh held Vernon sackless in 43 pass attempts.

He managed 4 solo and 2 assisted tackles, 1 on a short pass to the right flat for a 4-yard gain, 3 (of 7 total) on runs right at him outside (10 yard gain, -1 yards, and -3 yards in garbage time, 1 assisted tackle on a run inside off tackle for 2-yard gain, and 1 assisted tackle on a run up the middle for 4-yard gain.

All in all, a pretty quiet and non-impactful night for Vernon in Round 1 - Advantage Bakhtiari

Blog Entries
    This year, Vernon has notched sacks against Trent Williams (WAS), Jason Peters (PHI), Andrew Whitworth (CIN), Charles Leno (CHI), Joe Thomas (CLE) - 2, Alejandro Villanueva (PIT) - 2, and Taylor Decker (DET) - 0.5

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    I just don't see how the Pack can beat the Giants. Their defense can at least be a speed bump and our defense will just get rolled in the secondary.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

Who's in charge of posting the injury reports? I'm a busy man, don't have time to search around. Is Rollins out? I may take my talents to packerrodents.com

Rollins is out.

If we're going to win the SB I think it's going to be with Damarious Randall all of a sudden getting healthy and playing good football. Gunter is serviceable. Randall is good when he's healthy. He just hasn't been since the third quarter of week 1. If he gets his health all of a sudden, Hyde can play inside and Rollins plays well inside too. We could get healthy at just the right time to knock off dallas and Atlanta.

But right now it's the giants. I hope for a big game from the dl stopping the run, the outside guys and Daniels rushing the passer and then a newfound healthy showing from Randall. If that happens we win and look like a new dark horse to win the SB.

See video at this link.

https://twitter.com/VeteranScout/sta...51563811602432

The film watcher here is talking about Martin's block on Guion and his second on Martinez. He never mentioned that Daniels and Martinez fell for counter motion of FB and missed the RB running to to Defenses' right. Both Daniels and Martinez out of their gap trying to fill a hole.

There is such a thing as trying too hard.