Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
Sidney Jones seems versatile. Reminds me of Woodson. He does a great job inserting a hand and breaking up passes that other corners allow to reach their receivers' hands. He might not be fast enough. Not sure.

Can you explain this comment? I'm not sure on Sherrod, but I do think Clark was BPA for non-receivers. Honestly, he's shown more potential than many of the first rounders from 2016's class.
Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WEREN'T BPA? DID YOU SOMEHOW SEE TT'S DRAFT BOARD, MISTER PBMAX?
After Raji left and Guion was busted in the WeedCash Estate Wagon, it was clear they needed D line help. If Clark was the highest rated player on the board, I am sure they were happy. But highest or not, when he got a first round grade from the team, GB was taking him.

Sherrod might have been the last Tackle with a first round grade (by some services) but he was not a lock to get picked at the end of Round 1. Packers had a definite need at tackle as Chad Clifton was old, Tauscher was out and Bulaga was needed at RT.

Thompson has not stuck simply to BPA at other times as well. I think BPA is his preference, but he obviously considers need at times. Even early.