Thread: Official 2017 NFL draft thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Nutz View Post
    This draft got a whole lot deeper after the combine, especially with teams that covet speed. Peppers might go within the top twenty. He is a lot of hype, but does have talent. I just don't understand if he was so outstanding why he bounced from position to position? If he was a lock down corner he would have played corner, if he was a dominant safety he would have played safety, if he was Thomas Davis he would have played outside linebacker. I know bouncing him around would cause match up problems, but my concern with him is he will be a continued tweener in the NFL and struggle to meet draft expectations. He can help right away as a returner and special teams, that's a plus for him
    You kind of summed up my concerns about Peppers perfectly Nutz. Something about him that just keeps telling me he was a lot of hype because he played at Michigan and he played both O and D. I could be wrong but my Spidey Sense is tingling a little bit when I think about taking him in the 1st if he's even still available. He's a good athlete and I think he'll probably have a decent career but he might not ever end up being that turnover creating impact player that I want. I think he only had 1 Int. in his career and that came at the very end of this last season.
    Last edited by SMBASS; 03-11-2017 at 05:58 PM.