Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
No way we should waste a 3rd round pick (maybe a 6 or a 7) on a serious injury. We have way too many needs to waste a high round draft pick.

A team like Cleveland that has picks to burn should consider it.
Yeah, achilles is different than the ACL. I was wrong about that. Not sure I agree 100% about it wasting a pick though. I'm not saying throw away a 1st or 2nd on him like Dallas did with Jaylon last year. Who looks like he will have to play with a brace and drop foot for the rest of his career, if i'm remembering reports correctly. But GB is certainly the type of team that could get away with using a 3rd on a player to stash away if they were going to be out a year. Idk about an achilles however, so i'm not advocating that in this situation anymore. But a solid signing or two and a good 1,2, 4-7 draft and this team can contend for a Super Bowl this year while allowing said draft pick to get healthy and hopefully regain his first round form. And a player with the talent of a Sidney Jones, I think would be worth the gamble. Again, if it was the acl or something players come back all the time from. I'm not as familiar with the achilles so thats different. If he'd even be available when we draft in the 3rd. Teams like you suggest the Browns could take him well before. Or even the Cowboys in the 2nd, they like risky 2nd rounders. Haha