Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
If these numbers are correct, Ted was right to let him go. Congrats to Lang for skinning the Lions. I think we will be OK in the O Line whichever way it goes - Bulaga at guard and Spriggs starting sounds good. It's Aaron Rodgers' mobility that makes all these guys seem better anyway.
Everybody knows, or everybody should know, it's a game of replacement. More power to the players who get a big pay day. A player deserves whatever the market will bear. I am thankful that our GM doesn't panic and sticks to his guns about what he thinks a player is worth in terms of cap hit.

Even though some fans perceive there to be a lot of money under the cap, that doesn't mean it has to burn a hole in the GM's pocket, or cause him to panic about life without that player, or overpay to keep that player. Every GM knows it's a game of replacement, and have to operate like that, with a long view of the future. Fans just want to win now, which I get with a franchise QB. Nobody wants to go back to the scary cap days of Sherman. 2005-2006 was pretty lean around our franchise QB. If going all in means a cap mess later, count me out.