Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
See, the good, honest, earnest and trusting posters here at PackerReason.com are taking Mike's word as his bond. And I probably agree, that Spriggs is not the plan. Now.

But let's say Ted takes a college Tackle who projects to Guard in the 4th and its going to take him a year to get ready, if not more. Barclay could be Barclay from 2015 and Murphy might not make the transition to Guard. Patrick might take a second year jump right to another team if he doesn't improve (see MacDonald, Nick).

The moment Rodgers gets knocked around from the RG spot the third game in a row, in will come Spriggs (unlike the other 4 prospects, he will be active each game) and he will not get mauled.

He probably isn't a guard and wasn't much in the run game last year. But he has a Tackles' ability to grab on and throttle a pass rush. And that means, plan or no, Spriggs is the backup to the backup at RG, no matter what Mike says this offseason and camp.
Ya gotta take what any of these coaches and GMs say with a grain of salt. I don't necessarily trust them word for word. Anything can happen btwn now and week 1. You have to read btwn the lines with no absolutes. Do I trust MM when he says he wants Spriggs to learn only tackle? Sure, but wants and needs change from day to day.