Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: PackerRats Glossary

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    "Patlerized." Being proved false by facts and data. "You've just been Patlerized" means that someone proved you wrong in a way that leaves you little to no room to save face.

Next up...... the Bretsky Curse

Nicely put. You can be Patlerized by someone other than Patler, but the odds are its going to be Patler. I think he would be OK with this definition. Though I bet he would want logic and clear thought to get a shout out.

So next up is Bretsky Curse!
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    I can't edit my post right now but patlerizing needs to be done by Patler.....
    Yeah, and your definition was OK, but lacking in depth. Being Patlerized by Patler means having your position dissected down to the last, seemingly trivial detail. Each incorrect assertion, assumption, claim, hint, suggestion is individually addressed and refuted, typically with multiple sources, all linked. Every argument is described and deconstructed and every false or incomplete point is laid bare, like an open wound, painfully visible for all of the packerrats forum to see. Most often, one must look away, for to hold your gaze on the dismembered, disemboweled, twisted wreck of a destroyed posting is to be suddenly and violently ill. Being Patlerized is like being stalked by a terminator; coldly, mercilessly and relentlessly will Patler pursue you and your weak or fraudulent argument. He will post, then re-post, the rebut, then re-rebut.. He doesn't get tired, he doesn't feel remorse, and he doesn't quit until your arguments are dead.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Nicely put. You can be Patlerized by someone other than Patler, but the odds are its going to be Patler. I think he would be OK with this definition. Though I bet he would want logic and clear thought to get a shout out.

So next up is Bretsky Curse!
    A Bretsky curse, of course, is an enthusiastic endorsement of a player who subsequently fails. Its exact etymology, origins and archetypical examples I leave to others, but its usage demurs and hedges one's own enthusiasm for unproven players, as in "I don't want to put a Bretsky curse on the guy but this kid Bostick has great instincts and is gonna be remembered here down the road".
    [QUOTE=George Cumby] ...every draft (Ted) would pick a solid, dependable, smart, athletically limited linebacker...the guy who isn't doing drugs, going to strip bars, knocking around his girlfriend or making any plays of game changing significance.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Yeah, and your definition was OK, but lacking in depth. Being Patlerized by Patler means having your position dissected down to the last, seemingly trivial detail. Each incorrect assertion, assumption, claim, hint, suggestion is individually addressed and refuted, typically with multiple sources, all linked. Every argument is described and deconstructed and every false or incomplete point is laid bare, like an open wound, painfully visible for all of the packerrats forum to see. Most often, one must look away, for to hold your gaze on the dismembered, disemboweled, twisted wreck of a destroyed posting is to be suddenly and violently ill. Being Patlerized is like being stalked by a terminator; coldly, mercilessly and relentlessly will Patler pursue you and your weak or fraudulent argument. He will post, then re-post, the rebut, then re-rebut.. He doesn't get tired, he doesn't feel remorse, and he doesn't quit until your arguments are dead.
    Where is the part where his lifeless black eyes roll over white when he attacks?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    A Bretsky curse, of course, is an enthusiastic endorsement of a player who subsequently fails. Its exact etymology, origins and archetypical examples I leave to others, but its usage demurs and hedges one's own enthusiasm for unproven players, as in "I don't want to put a Bretsky curse on the guy but this kid Bostick has great instincts and is gonna be remembered here down the road".
    Next after topic after swede boxed up the Bretsky Curse:

bobblehead's suggestion of Fuckdoggle

Next after topic after swede boxed up the Bretsky Curse:

bobblehead's suggestion of Fuckdoggle
    Fuckdoggle is a player who comes into the league with little or no acclaim and against all odds make the roster and then contributes in games. The ultimate Fuckdoggle would be an undrafted white wide receiver, although variations are allowed.

Next Up: Koolaid Drinker.

BFD... Big Fucking Deal, or... BARNEY FUCKDOGGLE

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Fuckdoggle is a player who comes into the league with little or no acclaim and against all odds make the roster and then contributes in games. The ultimate Fuckdoggle would be an undrafted white wide receiver, although variations are allowed.

Next Up: Koolaid Drinker.
    Koolaid Drinker: Anyone who suggests that TT or MM or DC or some combination of the 3 are not personnally responsible for every loss or for Arron Rodgers not having 8 sb wins so far.

Next up: Fire Slocum (unless my answer is deemed incorrect)

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post
    Koolaid Drinker: Anyone who suggests that TT or MM or DC or some combination of the 3 are not personnally responsible for every loss or for Arron Rodgers not having 8 sb wins so far.

LOL. You are correct, Sir!
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Would be nice to update the first post to include all of this great info. New people might actually use it

Quote Originally Posted by Upnorth View Post

Fire Slocum - The rallying cry after more special team failures... and God, there were a lot.

Next Up: Polar Bear
    "Aw, I have three kids and no money. Why can't I have no kids and three money?" - Homer Simpson

"Son, when you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose: it's how drunk you get." - Homer Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by theeaterofshades View Post
    Fire Slocum - The rallying cry after more special team failures... and God, there were a lot.

Next Up: Polar Bear
    Slocum haunts the team to this day. Its downright eerie.

Polar Bear: Mostly non-affectionate nickname for Ted Thompson. Initiated by Tank (aka Anti-Polar Bear) as a derogatory reference to the man who signed Matt O'Dwyer to a contract instead of Marco Rivera. If comparing those two players directly and reading the insinuation that Thompson preferred O'Dwyer to Rivera as a player makes your mind melt, then you understand what Polar Bear usage is all about. Brave members of the board have tried to take back the name and give it a more positive usage.

Next up: Frankenbacker!

Would be nice to update the first post to include all of this great info. New people might actually use it
    this made me chuckle a bit.

Next up: Frankenbacker!
    Frankenbacker: A linebacker who also plays an offense position such as TE. Could also be extended with to any two-way player, if one of the positions is some sort of back. Originated with Spencer Havner.

Next up: Purple Jesus
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Frankenbacker: A linebacker who also plays an offense position such as TE. Could also be extended with to any two-way player, if one of the positions is some sort of back. Originated with Spencer Havner.

Good old Spencer Havner! Reminds me of this video. Hard to believe it's seven years old already.

Blog Entries
    Love this one Chan.

Don't think "Deelywhopper", needs to be added to the glossary, but it's a Wisconsin word all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by swede View Post
    'subsequently fails' doesn't quite cut it! The so-endorsed player will fail spectacularly, on or off the field, with extra points for assault related charges
    see: Thurman, Odell
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post

Purple Jesus is the internet bestowed nickname for Adrian Peterson, given his dominance as a running back almost immediately in his career. He battered the Packers enough that even kool-aid drinking Green and Gold fans had to admit he looked positively divine while waiting for Packer defenders to overcommit, then cut back against them for huge yardage. Combination of speed and power was astonishing at times.

We will cover a later chapter of the Royal Color son of Jim Brown in a later entry for PackerRats Glossary.

Next up: Pad Level

Next up: Pad Level
    In many of MM early pressers any and all issues with line play can be addressed and in theory fixed by changing their pad level. This evolved to a short way of saying MM evaded or ignored the question at said pressers. I think he is the most secretive of all head coaches now...

Next Up: The meadow
    Last edited by Upnorth; 07-17-2017 at 02:27 PM.

C'mon people! Let's get this in gear! We haven't even gotten to wist's best work yet!

Rand has to have a comment about the Meadow. And woodbuck will have a lot to say when he comes back from his summer residence in midseason.