Quote Originally Posted by Iron Mike
IDK if it's the time of year, or what......but my rant has to do with idiots calling a place of business with NO clue about what that business entails.

For your consideration:

Me: "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Mike speaking"

Caller: "Yes, I wonder if you do testing there?"

Me: "Whatever testing we need done is usually sent to a reference laboratory.....could you tell me what type of testing you need performed?"

Caller: "Mmmm.......an std test."

Me: "And what would be the date of death for the person you would like to be tested?" (The next comment will be that we can't perform diagnostic testing based upon the desire of the public, it has to be ordered by a physician or court system)

Caller: "Oh, no.......this is for me."

Me: "I'm sorry, you should probably be trying to speak with the County Health Department"

Caller: "OK"

Me: (thinks to self) "I guess that guy just opened the phone book, saw 'Medical' and figured 'this must be the place'"

<==there's five minutes of my life I'll never get back..

And yesterday:

Me: "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Mike speaking"

Caller: "Yes, I'd like to schedule a visitation"

Me: "I'm sorry, usually after a decedent is here, they are sent to a funeral home for viewing" (Next comment will be how we will allow viewing for next-of-kin only, with a suggestion that viewing at a funeral home be preferred)

Caller: "Wait a minute, this ISN'T the jail?"

Me: "Ummm, no--this is the Medical Examiner's Office"

Caller: "I'll try again"

Me: (thinks to self) "Yeah, try again...and this time look for the word 'JAIL' in the phone book"

Me: (thinks to self) "Maybe if these people had JOBS, they would not be able to get on the phone and wreak havoc with their stupidity.
You should answer the phone "Medical Examiner's Office, this is Iron Mike speaking"