Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: More Banjo: Week 4 vs. Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he was hurt on the first play.

evidently he's not hurt as bad as expected. he's day-to-day... like the rest of us.
    It doesn't really matter he will be hurt again and again and again...

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    It doesn't really matter he will be hurt again and again and again...
    Listen, do you want McCarthy to switch up running backs or don't you?

Don't look an injured horse in the mouth.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Danny Trevathan has been suspended 2 games by the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

I want him to switch up BACK UP running backs. Play Montgomery primarily if he is healthy, but sit Williams even if he can play in favor of Jones and Mays.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post

Knowing stubby he'll just put Cobb in the backfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Knowing stubby he'll just put Cobb in the backfield.
    He would, wouldn't he

But with Cobb just gotten over his own injury, I think that will be limited. I think Ripper gets third down for a while and that is OK.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

We won't have Mike Glennon to kick around anymore. Bears going with Trubisky. Glennon now becomes the highest paid backup QB in NFL history.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    We won't have Mike Glennon to kick around anymore. Bears going with Trubisky. Glennon now becomes the highest paid backup QB in NFL history.
    glad we missed trubisky last game but it just means he'll be at home next time and have a few games under his belt. i think he'll be very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Close, but no cigar I believe. Glennon averages $15M, Osweiler makes $16M last and this year both.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    glad we missed trubisky last game but it just means he'll be at home next time and have a few games under his belt. i think he'll be very good.
    Bears are being short sighted starting him against a Defense that gives AR fits.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

saw a tid bit this morning that showed King has a better passer rating allowed in coverage than Patrick Peterson, Desmond Trufant, and Marcus Peters. he's the 6th most targeted cb in the league so he's given up some yards. so far he's faced Julio Jones and AJ Green. this week it will be Dez who only catches 40% of his targets.

i see the Packers slotted into the #2 spot on some of the sites. i don't understand that at all. 7-10 seems more correct at this point. idk

I suspect they are accounting for injuries and for preseason prognostications, most of which had the Packers as a prime SB contender. Which teams are clearly above the Packers right now? KC is the only one that stands out. You could argue for Pittsburgh but they're coming off a bad loss at Chicago, a team GB just finishing stomping and kicking to the curb. Detroit is another possibility but they have a habit of starting strong and fading. Philly is another possibility but they weren't expected to do much and will need to do it more consistently before people accept that they are for real. Same thing for Lambs. New England, Dallas, Seattle and Atlanta have struggled. I don't see any problem with ranking Pack 2-4.

The main take away from early season is the Packers have more depth on offensive line than anybody expected. Well, maybe Tex, but that guy is certified nuts.

I don't know how good they are, early part of season can be deceptive. Rodgers sure looks damn good to me.

hahahahaha Yeah right about the O Line, Harlan.

What we have is the world's greatest QB - who indeed does look damn good, as always. Mobility like he has makes up for a lot of crap in the O Line, but it sure would be nice to see how good he would be if he had blocking like Brady or even like almost any other QB in the league.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    hahahahaha Yeah right about the O Line, Harlan.

What we have is the world's greatest QB - who indeed does look damn good, as always. Mobility like he has makes up for a lot of crap in the O Line, but it sure would be nice to see how good he would be if he had blocking like Brady or even like almost any other QB in the league.
    Once we get both Bak and Bulaga back our O line will only make Rodgers look even better.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    The surprise to me was that Lane Taylor (Taybor) could play Left tackle. After the Murphy debacle that was an unexpected bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    The surprise to me was that Lane Taylor (Taybor) could play Left tackle. After the Murphy debacle that was an unexpected bonus.
    Yes, it was good to see Taylor play LT so well. I feel a little better about the line this week if Bak can't go.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Now if he can play center, he's the next JC Tretter who was the next Mike Flanagan.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

TAYBOR™ is getting fan mail now.