Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Official Cowboys Week 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I just had a flashback to backyard football. I was a big liability in the secondary. (We had only 2 or 3 on a team, so this was well before era of specialization.) Fortunately the ref was very liberal about contact down field since it was honor system. In fact, you could tackle before the ball got there if you didn't wrap up.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    No sight of Monty today during media availability section of practice, though M3 had said he may do more today at practice.

Adams, Bulaga and Bach were out there.
    MM said he'd only due individual work i believe

Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Is anybody else worried about Daniels? Will he be out for months, then finally reappear for the last three games of the season?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    Is anybody else worried about Daniels? Will he be out for months, then finally reappear for the last three games of the season?
    Yeah, me.

I figured they were resting big Mike to insure he'd play vs Dallas. Now I think the big boy is hurting and that's bad. Those big muscle injuries can last all season.

Video and article about everyone's favorite Jared Cook catch from last year.

http://www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowb...-2016-playoffs

3rd and 20. Why wait for fourth down?
    Last edited by pbmax; 10-06-2017 at 08:49 AM.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Yes. I'm also worried about Bakh and Bulaga. It isn't a good sign that these 3 players are not full participants at practice yet. Our tackles might also be out for a while.

i think MM's been sand bagging. i think some of the guys who didn't play last week could have. he thought they had enough to beat the bears without using them. he knows this game with dal is big, home field wise, and they'll all be ready...except maybe Ty but it wouldn't surprise me if he played too.

Packer Report‏ @PackerReport 38m38 minutes ago
    More
    Adams still in concussion protocol, MM says. Needs to be cleared before they get on the plane.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    i think MM's been sand bagging. i think some of the guys who didn't play last week could have. he thought they had enough to beat the bears without using them. he knows this game with dal is big, home field wise, and they'll all be ready...except maybe Ty but it wouldn't surprise me if he played too.
    M3 has made mention many times about building their season every year so they finish strong. Part of that strategy seems to be that they are much more likely to give guys who are injured early in the season more time to heal. I don't think they look at it in terms of whether or not they can beat opponent X without player Y. It is just early enough that they are willing to let guys rest more so they are available later in the season.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    M3 has made mention many times about building their season every year so they finish strong. Part of that strategy seems to be that they are much more likely to give guys who are injured early in the season more time to heal. I don't think they look at it in terms of whether or not they can beat opponent X without player Y. It is just early enough that they are willing to let guys rest more so they are available later in the season.
    I think this is spot on. But I bet they thought they could beat the Bears...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    A bit of trouble believing that. No matter how soft he thought the Bears were, does anyone believe he'd endanger an opportunity to take the lead in the all-time series? IMO that game was bigger on the schedule than others because of that.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    A bit of trouble believing that. No matter how soft he thought the Bears were, does anyone believe he'd endanger an opportunity to take the lead in the all-time series? IMO that game was bigger on the schedule than others because of that.
    Fans care about the all-time series. I definitely want that win and the all-time record, and I know you do too. I doubt Stubby cares at all - coaches are focused on the win and the season goal of championship. He might give it lip service, but that's something coaches maybe talk about after they retire as a sheepskin on the wall sort of thing.

I'm reminded of the LeRoy Butler story from when he was a rookie. He was filling up his tank at the gas station and a fan said "Hey, you gotta beat the Bears this week!" Butler said "We'll do our best" the fan said "I don't want you to do your best, I want you to win" Butler said that's when he really understood how much the games mean to fans.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Making the drive up from Austin again. will be damn near impossible to top the playoff game last year.
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

Sounds like Daniels is a go.
    C.H.U.D.

Looks like Jamaal Williams and Aaron Jones get a chance to play .

Monty doubtful. So who gets the start? Williams, Ripper or Jones?

Adams has cleared concussion protocol, should play versus Cowboys.

http://www.packersnews.com/story/spo...ame/743168001/