Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Official Packers vs. Lions Game Day Thread

double post, site is very glitchy tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    I don't blame him for going thru the motions. Why get hurt in a game that doesn't mean anything?
    Because he is paid a shit ton of money to do a job. If he doesn't want to be there, do a Raji and quit.

Besides Geronimo and Mays did anyone else get hurt today?
    Williams. Concussion

Besides Geronimo and Mays did anyone else get hurt today?
    Williams left the game towards the end with a concussion

Quote Originally Posted by beveaux1 View Post
    Hundley is limited, but the team is doing him no favors. Right side of the OL can't handle Ansah, receivers can't catch the ball, even our returner is giving him the ball inside the 15.
    I'm not surprised Ansah is having his way over there. I noticed he didn't stay on Bak's side very long. Hundley got hammered today so we can't say he's soft.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    House is hurt. At least he tried to make the tackle.
    That poor guy played at less than 100%. Kudos to him for gutting it out today.

Tell you one thing I've noticed. Without Adams, Nelson, or Allison, Janis has done nothing. Davis has done next to nothing. Kendricks has done nothing. I see why these guys do not play.

Maybe it's time to churn the bottom of the roster.
    And meaningless games like these are a good time to find all of this out. Janis is a decent special teamer but that's about it.

I seriously doubt McCarthy is feeling any heat. Capers is another matter entirely.
    He is if he is unwilling to get rid of capers, the whole packer nation know it’s time for capers to go

So if m3 is unwilling to do it, then the higher up need to step in, like they have with others in the past

This season has shown that m3 is not untouchable and could possibly be easily replaced

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    We do not utilize TEs like other teams do. We’ve had the talent, we just don’t use it enough

If gronk was in Green Bay he’d probably be a 400 yard 5 td guy every year
    Right now we have one below average TE on the active roster so I don't know what you were expecting...

I'm not surprised Ansah is having his way over there. I noticed he didn't stay on Bak's side very long. Hundley got hammered today so we can't say he's soft.
    He's ok when he takes a 3 step drop and throws short. He's really pretty accurate short. If his first read is open at 8 - 12 yds, he can make the throw, but his receivers haven't caught it in the past 2 games.

Deep, he's shown no accuracy. He has trouble going to the 2nd read and he has happy feet. Right now, he's at his best tucking and running if his first read is covered on a 5 step more more drop.

Our 2 best cbs aren’t that much better then our 2 worst guys
    That is the biggest exaggeration I've read on this site today and I've seen several.

Why did they go for 2?

What was the point?
    Are you talking about Detroit going for 2 or us? If Mike was using this game as a opportunity to look at young guys then it was a good move. We all know all about Crosby.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Packers decided to sit some guys who could have played if the game mattered. This is what can happen when you send the message that the game doesn't matter.
    It does matter. It's better if they lose. That's why you flood the roster with second stringers and practice squad guys. To make certain you lose while demanding the best from the guys out there. With a few exceptions, that's what you got. Mission accomplished.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Are you talking about Detroit going for 2 or us? If Mike was using this game as a opportunity to look at young guys then it was a good move. We all know all about Crosby.
    Detroit

Game seemed way out of reach at that point.

Like dan said, they must have just done it because we did it
    Last edited by red; 12-31-2017 at 05:41 PM.

That is the biggest exaggeration I've read on this site today and I've seen several.
    I know the koolaide crowd like to think that the top 2 packer CBS are somehow the two best cbs in the league

But they are not

King is still a rookie and has a long ways to go before he becomes a solid #1. He makes about one big play for every 2 bad ones

Randall, is Terrell Buckley 2.0. I think I remember him not whiffing on 1 maybe 2 tackles. He did get some ints, but he probably make 1 good play for every 5 or 6 terrible one

Rollins is complete shit, who I think might have played his last game as a packer earlier this season

House is house, doesn’t make a ton of plays, gives up some big plays, but doesn’t completely blow coverage like Randall

If this was madden, our starting cbs would probably be rated in the low to mid 70s, while the guys we had out there today are probably mid to upper 60s

It’s not like we’ve lost a couple of stud cbs

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Was Callahan's series this game really more impressive than Hundley's preseason 3 years ago?

Hint: The answer is no.
    Fer cryin' out loud, didja read my post?

Let me refresh your memory - "The most popular player on a losing team is the backup quarterback!"
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Fer cryin' out loud, didja read my post?

Let me refresh your memory - "The most popular player on a losing team is the backup quarterback!"
    Wasn't aiming at you! Sorry for the collateral damage.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    How about “Ask Vic”?
    Stupid answers to typical questions? Sounds like a regular feature.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Tell you one thing I've noticed. Without Adams, Nelson, or Allison, Janis has done nothing. Davis has done next to nothing. Kendricks has done nothing. I see why these guys do not play.

Maybe it's time to churn the bottom of the roster.
    This is a good point. I can't imagine it's hard to find a gunner on punt returns (Janis touted strength).

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201712...alyze=boxscore

The Lions last TD rushing in this game and the embarrassing 2 Point Conversion against the Packers NO Defense is at the 6:56 Mark of this Video.

That reminded me somewhat of the embarrassing Seattle Seahawks offensive play call against that Packer `sleeping NO DEFENSE`in the playoff game;`that fueled that loss Vs the Seahawks in Seattle.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau