Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Report: Thompson out as GM

You guys are hilarious. Youre acting as if the Packers have been a dumpster fire since Ted was hired instead of a perennial playoff contender.

These are dangerous times for the organisation and if Murphy fucks this up, you’ll be singing a different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    TT hasn`t appeared right for some time.

He appeared vacant to Mae and I when we saw his videos before the Press.
    Yeah, I’ve joked about it. But something really doesn’t seem right with him. I remember listening to one interview with him this year and thinking he sounded like he just had a stroke

He didn’t use to be like that, at least not that bad

He might have early-stage dementia. I am not saying this to poke fun, he honestly does seem that way.

It happened after that hip or leg injury and surgery he had.

But his drafts improved after that. Maybe he has been figurehead?

Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    TT hasn`t appeared right for some time.

He appeared vacant to Mae and I when we saw his videos before the Press.
    The irony is too rich for words.

TT is transitioning!

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    He might have early-stage dementia. I am not saying this to poke fun, he honestly does seem that way.
    That’s what I’m thinking, I’ve spent too much time at nursing homes, and I’ve seen a lot of people that look and talk like that

He had a long NFL career as a special teams demon.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Irony aside it's a good observation. One I missed.

I wanted to start a thread "Hundley: GM killer" but I'm too mature now for such nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    I used to take care of the grounds for an elderly couple when I was in highschool. They were in their mid 90s. Emil and Dorothy Cobb. Emil was a professional boxer in the 30s and would give me boxing lessions - he considered it part of my compensation. Anyway, both Emil and Dorothy took me aside to warn me that the other one was starting to get a little funny in the head, and I should just humor them.

I was thinking early onset alzheimer's.

George Cumby -
    Agree completely. Ted Thompson is an excellent GM, and many may soon be wishing he stayed on in the post.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

You guys are hilarious. Youre acting as if the Packers have been a dumpster fire since Ted was hired instead of a perennial playoff contender.

These are dangerous times for the organisation and if Murphy fucks this up, you’ll be singing a different tune.

Agree completely. Ted Thompson is an excellent GM, and you may soon be wishing he stayed on in the post.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

So was he fired, or did he step down (as part of a planned transition)? I would think they know who the GM is already if it was a planned thing. I tend to think he was fired, which seems a little unfair frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I used to take care of the grounds for an elderly couple when I was in highschool. They were in their mid 90s. Emil and Dorothy Cobb. Emil was a professional boxer in the 30s and would give me boxing lessions - he considered it part of my compensation. Anyway, both Emil and Dorothy took me aside to warn me that the other one was starting to get a little funny in the head, and I should just humor them.
    I guess you could say old Emil had "lessions" on the brain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadow View Post

Yep, these are very scary times. First major move without Bob Harlan in control in many, many, many years.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Yep, these are very scary times. First major move without Bob Harlan in control in many, many, many years.
    There's gonna be panic in WI. I predict the grocery store shelves will be picked clean.

I hope they hire from outside the org just to fuck with everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    Nay, without Lombardi. How will we survive?
    After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.