Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts On HC Mike McCarthy's Purge Of Packer Coaches. What makes any sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    The Packers then should have traded for Hoody Genius....or hired Hoody Genius Jr
    Patricia will be the guy who makes it, not McDaniels.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    My bad, Fritz. I meant to yell at Woody.

Actually, I wanted to revive the old Bob Harlan model.

Fire both of 'em and have that GM build the whole organization over again. it worked with Wolf.

The new GM keeping the old coach failed with TT keeping Sherm around for that year.

Renew, start afresh with new blood is my motto.

Now that they've screwed that up, wait and see what MM does to save that job.
    Come on KY you know my MO.

I'll analyze and try to make my points (*** in the unfriendly confines of Packerrats ***) for 10 days to 2 weeks after the Season ends. Why do I do that? I do that because I don't simply represent my personal views. I hope to represent what Packer Nation should see, and thus ask to be corrected.

*** I understand the bad feelings certain Packerrats have towards me. I know I've been clearly judged:

A stupid Canuck 'a no nothing small 'p' Packer fan ( compared to anyone who ever pissed on land in Wisconsin ). A Packerrat that hardly should be respected as anyone who might even possibly see, 'the forest for the trees'.

I've 'stood TALL' under all that certain prejudice against me . I've done that (for about a dozen years) and Packerrats Members that decided I must be taken down. I just do my thing. I contribute to Packerrats (I hope) as much that's really positive in total; over my negativity towards 'the Rah Rah Cool Aid Crowd'. Some things never change and I'll never aspire to ' cowardice and THE TRUTH', and hatred and /or prejudice.

I'll never act like certain silly ass'd 'White Collar's' here. Trumpeting their obvious frustration with me; carrying it around like used toilet paper. Shouting out for all to see.."Look at me. Look at just how really stupid I am." There's no need for an idiot watch at Packerrats. Their the Members here that bear everything but the signs of decency and shame. Compare their Signatures to mine, and you'll see a certain discrepancy KY. I wouldn't want to be and I'll NEVER be them.

At Packerrats I'm simply one of 'a growing crowd'. A crowd with another voice.

I'm a voice here, that balances the voices of those that really believe all is well and Green Bay Packers.They've been trumpeting their voices now for the last seven Season's and they've been wrong. We're now seeing the poor influence that the Team of Packer President and CEO Mark Murphy and past GM Ted Thompson and Mike McCarthy have had on Packer Nation and celebrating another Super Bowl, since the 2010 Season. It's been Seven (7) too long years and no NFC Championship. Forget NO Lombardi Trophy !

Favre never got as much as he needed after the single Super Bowl win in the 1990's and and it took 14 long years for a repeat with another certain to become HOF QB in Aaron Rodgers. Arguably, Aaron Rodgers might be the finest and most athletic QB in NFL history and the Packers have won one NFC Championship and a Super Bowl with him . That's plainly screwed up.

At least now and finally, after the PROCESS and hiring another GM to replace Ted Thompson, who's being thrown under the bus as a GM that 'wasn't all in and getting it done. Being fair I qualify that ( given the circumstantial evidence ) as we are discovering it and mainly due to Mike McCarthy's 'flapping lips'. .

So KY:

There's a whole lot we see going on as The Packer BRASS attempts to set the Packer Nation Ship back on some really positive course to winning OUR next Super Bowl... 'OUR Lombardi ' Trophy'. I'll add this. What's with all this EGO driven BS and Packerrats? Don't we all desire that same reward? Another Super Bowl Victory?

Given that I believe that's the case and our most realistic purpose. Why cant we RELAX the obvious prejudice and jealousy and here? I'll never lower myself to your level. YOU know who 'YOU' are. I feel sad for your frustrations.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-11-2018 at 09:37 AM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    The Packers then should have traded for Hoody Genius....or hired Hoody Genius Jr
    J-Mac is hip-hop for Josh McDaniels.

I'm all for J-Mac running the whole shebang as GM/HC. The math is simple: Elite QB + Belichickism = Super Bowl Victories
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I don't understand the love for Patricia. I mean, it's not NE's D is or has ever been great.

Yes, J-Mac has TB12, but he's a damn good strategist.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    My bad, Fritz. I meant to yell at Woody.

Actually, I wanted to revive the old Bob Harlan model.

Fire both of 'em and have that GM build the whole organization over again. it worked with Wolf.

The new GM keeping the old coach failed with TT keeping Sherm around for that year.

Renew, start afresh with new blood is my motto.

Now that they've screwed that up, wait and see what MM does to save that job.

In the end, being a Packer fan I'll be rooting for them to win it all, so if that happens or if they have a great run in the next couple years, I'll let go of my MikeHate.

I agree with you that I don't like this Frankenbacker approach to the front office. There's too much room now for shananigans and back room intrigue.

But maybe it will work. I suppose we'll wait and see, and while we're waiting, I'll have to reconsider my avatar now that Ted has tottered off into the sunset to watch Morgan State play Eastern New Mexico State so he can get a look at that left tackle who transferred from UCLA.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    I don't understand the love for Patricia. I mean, it's not NE's D is or has ever been great.

Yes, J-Mac has TB12, but he's a damn good strategist.
    That's some good spin on two bottles that are exactly half full.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Just curious; why do you feel that way ?
    Patrcia is fine but I've never viewed NE defense as being any better than the talent
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Just curious; why do you feel that way ?
    Patrcia is fine but I've never viewed NE defense as being any better than the talent
    They don't get overwhelmed or blown out. They always have a backup plan and an adjustment. They will triple team a red zone threat to take him away.

That defense, even in its lean years, always keeps them in games. Even when they were rebuilding it didn't melt down like the Packers could.

McDaniels years with adversity got him fired for drafting Tebow early.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This isn't a woodbuck27 mistake or 'a mistake' by any other Packerrat or (Green Bay Packer knowledgeable fan) that see's all things Packers and 'the forest for the trees'.

This is the TRUTH:

This Graph indicates a Green Bay Packers MM/Aaron Rodgers Led Offense, now in a CLEAR Free Fall.

Help me understand this graph. For 2017, you have an AR/MM led offense averaging 20 pts per game. I calculate 26.8 pts/game.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by SudsMcBucky View Post
    Help me understand this graph. For 2017, you have an AR/MM led offense averaging 20 pts per game. I calculate 26.8 pts/game.
    And 30.6 for 2013. But Woody isn't interested in presenting an objective view, just cherry picking to fit his narrative. Hmmm..what does that remind me of...
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

The graph indicates ppg for the whole season. It was 27 ppg when Rodgers started, but 20 ppg overall. By AR/MM led offense, I assume they mean since 2009. Not sure why they didn't include 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    The graph indicates ppg for the whole season. It was 27 ppg when Rodgers started, but 20 ppg overall. By AR/MM led offense, I assume they mean since 2009. Not sure why they didn't include 2008.
    yes we know this. The Graph is deliberately inaccurate.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Ok, but your graph is specifically titled an AR/MM led offense. That's NOT accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    This Graph indicates a Green Bay Packers MM/Aaron Rodgers Led Offense, now in a CLEAR Free Fall.[/COLOR]

This is Woodcock's exact quote; his interpretation of the graph. The point isn't so much the inaccuracy of the graph (that is whether the graph was meant to be misleading or not), but how that inaccuracy leads to guys like woodblock drawing incorrect conclusions.

I know nothing about these coaches. But firing so many smells of desperation. These guys are long-time McCarthyites. How the fuck did they all become incompetent underneath the chief's nose? Isn't the guy at top the problem?

BTW, I checked in here at the Mother Ship because I saw on twitter that Packer coaches are moving en masse to the Browns. Is that true or speculation or do you care?

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    I know nothing about these coaches. But firing so many smells of desperation. These guys are long-time McCarthyites. How the fuck did they all become incompetent underneath the chief's nose? Isn't the guy at top the problem?
    Until proven otherwise, yes. You can't have a purge of this extent without conceding some level of incompetence in coaching evaluation. Still, some got other jobs, so it isn't all personnel evaluation incompetence by Stubby. Some incompetence can be attributed to poor people management by Stubby too.

Of course, this is all at Packer-level competence, the baseline of which is set higher than many other organizations.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    BTW, I checked in here at the Mother Ship because I saw on twitter that Packer coaches are moving en masse to the Browns. Is that true or speculation or do you care?
    The Browns saw a well-oiled machine on Dec. 12th and want to emulate it.

Ok, but your graph is specifically titled an AR/MM led offense. That's NOT accurate.
    Wait a minute. When did it become MY graph?

That Graph was used from a source and is accurate in terms of how the Packers Total Offense Performed in 2017 and back to the 2009 Season.

It's not calculated then drawn specifically (just for games that Aaron Rodgers) played.

From PRO FOOTBALL Reference the 2017 Season:

Points For: Total Points at 320 (20.0/g) or Ranked 21st in the NFL.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...s/gnb/2017.htm
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-12-2018 at 07:27 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau