Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
I agree with this- I just wish TT would have been better with the D linemen. I feel that we had more busts than serviceable players. I am willing to bet most of the GM's have ups and downs in terms of 'success' however we agree to measure that objectively. And I maybe wrong in my evaluation of his D lineman success...I guess I just want players who are more dominating thus allowing us a decent pass rush. But to your last statement Hoody genius is just that and somehow he gets players to buy in and then cash in via winning.
I do buy the idea that Ted ignored FA and trades at his own peril. And at times it has hurt, though no one remembers that FA is no panacea when they are criticizing. Of the three reasonably priced FAs this year, one played well (Evans) and he was a pros pro. Very much like Peppers.

The team needs an approach to find the best value (production/cost) to slim down the needs before the draft and actually allow some more BPA during the draft.

But more free agency with a poor hit rate isn't going to fix the team. And Ted is no longer drafting. And his record with his team was Top 2-3 in the league. Tough act to follow even with Rodgers.