Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Anybody else feel Darnold is overrated? There are comparisons to Andrew Luck. I don't see it at all. I think Josh Rosen looks like the best QB, but there seem to be character concerns with him. Not really "face of the franchise" material. Lamar Jackson has longevity concerns. Mayfield is a talent, but he has off the field concerns (although his leadership has been praised) and he's short. Josh Allen has the most talent in the group, but most think he'll end up being the biggest bust. I have a feeling he's going to kill the combine, do well in his interviews, and somebody will fall in love with him. His talent might be worth the risk.
    all year i've heard by pundits that darnold is awesome, but he sucked all year. and after every game people would come out and say, but he's actually so good

i think he's very over rated, but i've been really wrong the last few years on the QB side of things

oh, and add in the fact that almost every single USC QB has been a media darling, and almost all of them have been massive flops in the NFL

jackson, seems like mike vick, but without the huge arm. its his running that makes him so good, maybe go the antwan randal el route with him and make him a WR

I agree that Darnold seems to be overrated. My favorite QB in college football is Trace McSorland, dude is just a winner, but he is so short.

Anybody else feel Darnold is overrated? There are comparisons to Andrew Luck. I don't see it at all. I think Josh Rosen looks like the best QB, but there seem to be character concerns with him. Not really "face of the franchise" material. Lamar Jackson has longevity concerns. Mayfield is a talent, but he has off the field concerns (although his leadership has been praised) and he's short. Josh Allen has the most talent in the group, but most think he'll end up being the biggest bust. I have a feeling he's going to kill the combine, do well in his interviews, and somebody will fall in love with him. His talent might be worth the risk.

Isn't Rosen Mr. Inaccurate this year?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Isn't Rosen Mr. Inaccurate this year?
    I don't think he's inaccurate. He just seems like a turd, and his teams didn't win much (UCLA barely went .500 with him). Physically, he reminds me of a skinnier Carson Palmer. He's the best looking QB on film.

This QB group seems a bit overrated as far as franchise QB material--although there are more decent prospects than normal. Most will get drafted too high. I didn't expect to like Mason Rudolph (thought he'd be a system QB), but the more I watch of him, the more I like.

It's a good group of RBs. Barkley is a stud. I like Sony Michel a lot.

I just started studying the WRs, and I don't like the ones at the top much. I think Ridley is head and shoulders above the rest. He's not going to wow you with his ball skills or YAC (he's more Marvin Harrison than Terrell Owens), but I love his route running and hands. Michael Gallup is a sleeper I like. He looks better on film than the guys ahead of him.
    Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 02-04-2018 at 02:52 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Rosen was getting trashed at the Senior Bowl for ridiculous coverage (a few amazing throws) by other reporters pointing out the receivers he missed.

Will be curious what the verdict is of draftniks who value accuracy.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Rosen was getting trashed at the Senior Bowl for ridiculous coverage (a few amazing throws) by other reporters pointing out the receivers he missed.

Will be curious what the verdict is of draftniks who value accuracy.
    You're thinking of Josh Allen, the Wyoming QB. Rosen wasn't at the Senior Bowl. He was getting trashed early, but it seems like he improved throughout the week and then he was great in the game. The guy is built like Carson Wentz with identical measurables, similar mobility, even better arm strength, and lesser accuracy. He seems like a good kid. I know he has bust potential, but I'm leaning towards going against the grain and having him #1. The guy has elite size, arm strength, and mobility. In those three traits he might be the best prospect I've ever evaluated. However, the accuracy issues and unknown leadership qualities makes him not as clean of a prospect as Wentz. Ironically, both Wentz and Allen were coached by Craig Bohl. Bohl was the head coach at NDSU before moving onto Wyoming.

Last edited by HarveyWallbangers; 02-04-2018 at 05:29 PM.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

You are probably right.

There is a lot of height to the WR group. There are several 6'2"-6'4" receivers. They aren't overly athletic (e.g Mike Evans) though.

I'm really liking the TE group so far.

Marcus Davenport looks interesting.

Packers must draft this guy based on name alone.

Daniel Jeremiah
    Just finished studying ND WR Equanimeous St Brown...very interesting player. Creates consistent separation but the ball placement is deplorable. He's got quickness at the top of his route and his ability to adjust is outstanding. I put a big grade on him.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Marcus Davenport looks interesting.

I looked at him a bit... crossed him off my list.

Don't think he's quick enough.
    wist

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Did you say that after Davante's second season?
    Everyone was disappointed with Adams after his 2nd season... he was awful.

Difference between Adams and Spriggs is that Adams at least showed some upside in his 1st 2 years, while Spriggs has been awful every single day he's been a Packer.
    wist

Daniel Jeremiah
    Just finished studying ND WR Equanimeous St Brown...very interesting player. Creates consistent separation but the ball placement is deplorable. He's got quickness at the top of his route and his ability to adjust is outstanding. I put a big grade on him.
    Yeah, I think I read something about this kid. Looks rail thin but slippery and runs couple of routes and has ok hands. Probably would get eaten up by press-man, looks like he has a big catch radius...not sure he's explosive/dynamic. The combine will be big for him. What is he a R2-R3 pick?
    Put him and Micheal Clark on the field and you have wideouts bigger than everyone but maybe Tampa Bay.

mock yesterday had us drafting a safety...derwin james

Just finished studying ND WR Equanimeous St Brown...
    This is why I stay reservedly on the sidelines regarding draft possibilities. It is exactly how I bet the ponies when the wife drags me to Arlington Race Track. And I suck at it.

Daniel Jeremiah
    Is that like picking a wine based on the label?
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

ESB is an intriguing prospect. I'll be interested in how he looks at the combine.

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    How else are you supposed to pick out a wine?
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    Just the name. Forget the label. I need new Thread Name inspiration.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...st-round-pick/

1. Denver Broncos (from CLE)

" Sam Darnold, QB, USC. If the Broncos can't land Kirk Cousins in free agency, and they're not satisfied going into the season with any of the other free agents, they'll have a problem on their hands: who starts at QB? Trevor Siemian and Paxton Lynch have proven to not be the answer. If they get to the draft with nothing but a low-cost stopgap in place, I can definitely see John Elway pulling the trigger on a deal to move up for his No. 1 target. Is that Darnold? Impossible to say at this point, but if it is, there seems little chance he lasts to No. 5."

NO. 14 and a Trade Up to Position 9:

9. Green Bay Packers (from SF)

Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa. " The Packers aren't typically a team that goes trading up and down the draft, but the wild card is new general manager Brian Gutekunst. While he's likely to continue the same conservative traditions after rising through the ranks in Green Bay, it's impossible to know for sure whether he'll be more open to wheeling and dealing. After spending a long time as the team's director of college scouting, expecting him to take the risk for the right prospect makes some amount of sense. Jackson could be the guy that's worth it as the top true cornerback prospect in this year's draft."

Joshua Jackson
    || Iowa Cornerback || Ultimate Highlights ||
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 02-09-2018 at 03:17 PM.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau