Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 Other NFL News

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Most of the players you make your fan boy spam posts for eventually bust.

Like Tebow, Kaepernick, and Manziel.

They had some sizzle for a minute, but are all out of the league.
    You missed Joey Harrington.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by run pMc View Post
    He'll need another HC gig to prove me wrong, but I'm starting to think of McDaniels like I do Wade Phillips: great as a coordinator, but if he's the head coach I worry a little. Maybe the Denver experience humbled and made him smarter, that remains to be seen. I certainly wouldn't let him run the personnel side as a GM.

Is this next season BB's last? I'm hearing JM is staying with the Pats because he's the heir apparent. Brady is getting old and his relationship with BB is wearing thin.
    Wade proved it at multiple stops. McDaniels has only been a coordinator at the Patriots (I think), and who knows how much of that is BB?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Sorry, even with Woodchuck posting a picture of chickens in the thread towards me, I got to get this off my chest.

McDaniels is a total and complete FUCK! What an asshole. He hires assistant coaches for the Colts job and then backs out. He just screwed the Colts and the other coaches. What HC is going to want to go to a team that already has a bunch of coach in place? Hey, I wanted to run a 3-4 and the DC is a 4-3 guru.

This shit move is 100x worse that what the Packers did this offseason where they fired people after a poor 2017 season.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Tank has spammed for so many duds, I can't remember 'em all!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    I still consider myself a QB expert, but fwiw, I was a shutdown corner in HS, not a QB.

Have you seen Nutz's posts? Dude's extremely knowledgeable about football overall, but he knows shit about corners. Pretty sure Nutz once said somewhere that Randall was gonna be the next great thing. Reading it, I was like, "Stick to offensive linemen, bro."
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Sorry, even with Woodchuck posting a picture of chickens in the thread towards me, I got to get this off my chest.

McDaniels is a total and complete FUCK! What an asshole. He hires assistant coaches for the Colts job and then backs out. He just screwed the Colts and the other coaches. What HC is going to want to go to a team that already has a bunch of coach in place? Hey, I wanted to run a 3-4 and the DC is a 4-3 guru.

This shit move is 100x worse that what the Packers did this offseason where they fired people after a poor 2017 season.
    Woody was posting chicken pics? Lol, this forum is funny as heck.

I guess the Colts are gonna need to hire a coach with a background in offense, you know, someone who doesn't give a fuck whether his D is a 3-4, 4-3, 5-2, 4-4, Psycho or Nitro, so long as it stops the rock. Darrell Bevel comes to mind.

And since we're getting things off our chests, I just lost a shitload of frogskins tonight playing cash poker. Fishes were hitting their draws against moi, and after a few rebuys, I started tilting and gambling like a drunk sailor. Maybe I'm just a fish, too, but just wanna tell somebody.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-09-2018 at 01:48 AM.

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Ex-49ers QBs, current teammates rejoice at Garoppolo deal

PEBBLE BEACH — Steve Young and Alex Smith enthusiastically endorsed Thursday’s news that Jimmy Garoppolo will get paid more than anyone ever to work their old job as 49ers quarterback.

“Tremendously good news, and if I had $136 million, I would have given it to him,” Young said as he and Smith golfed together at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am.

A text alert on Young’s phone informed the former Niners on the front nine at Spyglass Hill Golf Course, and neither had sticker shock at the figures: $137.5 million over five years, with $90 million guaranteed in the first three seasons, per ESPN.
    New target set for Aaron.
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    This is incredible.

https://streamable.com/6sdup
    What a fucking idiot, that Kelce. I mean, kids skipped school to be at that event. Now they think it's cool to swear.

Just kidding. It was a cool rant."Fuck" has gotta be the greatest word of all time.

If Tank ran the Packers, they'd be in the tank. The toilet tank.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure, but it's all still a million times better than hiring Josh McAsshole.

At least Green Bay might have some short-term success before it all goes to hell.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    If Tank ran the Packers, they'd be in the tank. The toilet tank.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure, but it's all still a million times better than hiring Josh McAsshole.

At least Green Bay might have some short-term success before it all goes to hell.
    Pride goeth before the fall, which I have always taken to mean, possibly incorrectly, that you get what you've been asking for first, then you get what you deserve.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Somehow, I just don't think McDaniel's is going to be able to measure up to Belichick. Though Bill did resign from the Jets when he didn't like Parcell's continued involvement, so he has contract betrayal down.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...osh-mcdaniels/
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Football Outsiders @fboutsiders

Do you need to run to set up play-action? @guga31bb shows through numbers of the last 7 years that there's no connection between teams that run more (or better) and success on play-action passes. http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...action-passing

So it's like having sex with a woman and not knowing if her orgasm is real or fake:

It doesn't matter.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

So it's like having sex with a woman and not knowing if her orgasm is real or fake:

It doesn't matter.
    Exactly. Defensive coordinators are too wrapped up in their own little world:

We will stop the run first?

What if I want to pass a little on first down?

We will stop the run first no matter what!

You don't understand me.

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think its a gambler's fallacy on the part of the defense. If you never run, the defense gets a creeping feeling that you're due.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

I am down on how all the offseason changes happened, and I still think McCarthy pulled an arrogant move with the GM thing, and I think Murphy kowtowed and has set himself up for failure...
    Murphy "demoted" a GM who not only was too incompetent to do his job, but has become, apparently, mentally incompetent.

Couple of examples: Thompson couldn't find anyone better to replace Gunter when Gunter was starting, and the Polar Bear had no clue where he was during a meeting with the suits. Polar Bear is not fit for GM duty anymore.

If Guntekunst utilizes Belichickism, the Packers should win at least 2 more Super Bowls before A-Rod hangs up the cleats.
    Last edited by Anti-Polar Bear; 02-13-2018 at 11:53 AM.

Maybe Mcdaniels found out Luck is never going to be the QB he was before the injury. That alone could affect his decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    Murphy "demoted" a GM who not only was too incompetent to do his job, but has become, apparently, mentally incompetent.

Couple of examples: Thompson couldn't find anyone better to replace Gunter when Gunter was starting, and the Polar Bear had no clue where he was during a meeting with the suits. Polar Bear is not fit for GM duty anymore.

If Guntekunst utilizes Belichickism, the Packers should win at least 2 more Super Bowls before A-Rod hangs up the cleats.
    If it was as easy as utilizing a system, everybody would win the Super Bowl every year!

KYPack

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rutnstrut View Post
    Maybe Mcdaniels found out Luck is never going to be the QB he was before the injury. That alone could affect his decision.
    He probably should have asked about that before he "took" the job and starting hiring staff.

-Tim Harmston