Thread: Randall for Kizer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    A bad trade. Randall is no shutdown corner and he’s the mother of inconsistency, but the Packers got rid of their best corner for a carbon copy of Hundley.

If you’re gonna trade for a Brownie, trade for Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post
    A bad trade. Randall is no shutdown corner and he’s the mother of inconsistency, but the Packers got rid of their best corner for a carbon copy of Hundley.
    Kizer can throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield, so he's no carbon copy of Hundley. Hundley was more of a carbon copy of Rich Campbell.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Shutdown Corner Rat HOFer Anti-Polar Bear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    Kizer can throw the ball more than 5 yards downfield, so he's no carbon copy of Hundley. Hundley was more of a carbon copy of Rich Campbell.
    Kizer completed only 53% of his passes last season. He has accuracy issues. Ditto, Hundley. Both are inaccurate, indecisive in the pocket, uninspiring and turnover prone. They actually look the same, too, physically.

Saw this while I was jogging past PB's packerrats twitter feed:

Gil Brandt
    ‏Verified account @Gil_Brandt

Funny how I'm reading Packers loved DeShone Kizer in last years draft. Half of Green Bay's front office is in Cleveland, which just dumped him for Tyrod Taylor.

It's possible Gutekunst wanted to draft Kizer and Todd overruled him. More likely, it was McCarthy who was in love with Kizer. With the new power structure in the Packers' front office, McCarthy likely pulled a power play and got Murphy to sign off on the Randall for Kizer trade.

McCarthy can't judge talent. Last time McCarthy was asked for his endorsement on personal matters, he picked Alex Smith over the Great Arm of Butte.

Randall for a Hundley-clone reeks incompetence if anyone asks me.
    I'm not going to stop the wheel. I'm going to break the wheel.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti-Polar Bear View Post

If you’re gonna trade for a Brownie, trade for Flash.
    The best possible endorsement of Kizer.

This goof wanted Tebow, Joey Harrington, Johnny Manziel and other stiffs.

If the worst judge of QB's thinks Kizer is no good, he must have great value.