Page 42 of 45 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2018 nfl draft thread

Maybe Teddy left a year later, his packers.com bio lists 2000-2004 as well

http://www.packers.com/team/staff/te...4-98064f608dbb
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Has to be before Jan 28 1999 as Reinfeldt did not return.

Highsmith and Brandt hired in 99 as well.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

FYI - I am fairly certain the identification of Red Cochran is correct. Hard to believe the guy was an assistant coach for most, if not all of Lombardi's years in GB and was still there as a scout for all of Wolf's years in GB. I think he only left for the few seasons that Phil Bengtson was HC.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I thought that too, but then, where is Ted?
    In the closet?

Sorry, too easy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patler View Post
    FYI - I am fairly certain the identification of Red Cochran is correct. Hard to believe the guy was an assistant coach for most, if not all of Lombardi's years in GB and was still there as a scout for all of Wolf's years in GB. I think he only left for the few seasons that Phil Bengtson was HC.
    The legendary Red Cochran story is the draft where Red pulled Bart Starr aside and told him the best guy on the board was Joe Montana and we had to draft him. When Starr failed to get Joe, Red yelled and threw his clipboard across the room, hitting the wall. Starr just looked down and didn't say a word.

Wolf Pack Rat HOFer Deputy Nutz's Avatar
    Bart Starr was a hell of a player but simply the worst GM and coach you could have gotten. Forrest wasn't any better. They could play for Vince but they couldn't run shit like Vince

Rhondi Barber gets no laughs

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    The legendary Red Cochran story is the draft where Red pulled Bart Starr aside and told him the best guy on the board was Joe Montana and we had to draft him. When Starr failed to get Joe, Red yelled and threw his clipboard across the room, hitting the wall. Starr just looked down and didn't say a word.
    Okay, you made me look it up. Packers took NT Charles Johnson with the 71st pick of the 1979 draft. 49ers took Montana with the 82nd pick.

Montana was the 4th QB drafted that year. He was preceded by Jack Thompson, Phil Simms and Steve Fuller.

hoping at least three of these guys begin the season as starters. if that happens it means the product on the field has improved. if most stick that means depth has improved too. the db and wr rooms are sure gonna look different this year.

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    KY your story is telling.

Maybe it's just that (simple) and why in the end the Packers just fail to nail their Draft picks.

BIG EGO's will too often prevail and cause FRUSTRATIONS..

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    hoping at least three of these guys begin the season as starters. if that happens it means the product on the field has improved. if most stick that means depth has improved too. the db and wr rooms are sure gonna look different this year.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

So what did everyone think of Goot Goot's first draft? What's the vibe?

It was a weird draft.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ishmael View Post
    So what did everyone think of Goot Goot's first draft? What's the vibe?

B-

Decent job

Now if past 6 years we have taken one OLB in rounds 1-3. In today's NFL that is crazy...and the one we got sucks

He has to mitigate Ted's f'cked up draft in 2015 when we pissed away rounds one and two taking CB's and most likely did a good job with that.

It's shocking to me that we drafted 3WR's and one Edge Rusher. Hopefully two of the 3 WR's turn out.

He's no Eliott Wolf but I think he did a decent job

Time will tell
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

I give the draft a C just like I do with every draft immediately after it's over. As in let's wait to see what these kids can do once they actually step on the field. All of these pre-draft prognostications and grades are a frickin' joke because the vast majority of them end up being wrong. Being a draft guru is like being a meteorologist or economist...you can be wrong 90% of the time and still be considered an, "expert".

I agree that it was a weird, weird draft...

Exactly zero pass rush help??

Drafting the worst ILB player/best ILB athlete ever, lol... WTF?? I hope they can coach Burks up and make a player out of him, but from what he did in college he needs to be looking for a job in insurance. Terrible player, just terrible.

This looks like a TT draft with a little more competence... I'm not encouraged about our future now.

Very disappointed in this draft.

C-
    wist

Wasn’t everyone super pissed when Thompson drafted 3 rbs last year? How’d that work out?
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Wasn’t everyone super pissed when Thompson drafted 3 rbs last year? How’d that work out?

Are you saying Gootie did a great job with the three WR picks ? Or just using a past example to make a backhanded point.

IF you are take a look at our 15 draft and how'd that work ? And fwiw I'm NOT saying Gootie made a bad call and it will turn out like the 2015 draft did..
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    Are you saying Gootie did a great job with the three WR picks ? Or just using a past example to make a backhanded point.

IF you are take a look at our 15 draft and how'd that work ? And fwiw I'm NOT saying Gootie made a bad call and it will turn out like the 2015 draft did..
    People are unhappy about the WR situation on the roster AND pissed that the GM drafted 3 WRs. I just don’t understand why all the teeth gnashing over the draft. You won’t have any idea if it was a good or bad draft until sometime in 2021.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    People are unhappy about the WR situation on the roster AND pissed that the GM drafted 3 WRs. I just don’t understand why all the teeth gnashing over the draft. You won’t have any idea if it was a good or bad draft until sometime in 2021.
    But if we couldn't bitch and argue about the draft what in the world would we post about in here ? lol

I'm not upset about 3 WR's. Truth be told it seems many had our 3rd WR rated as well or higher than the other two. So assuming he was a value pick and they snatched him because he was rated way higher than everybody else.

I'm fine with 3 Wr's. But disappointed at the lack of pass rush.

That may bit us in the ass again