6 19.35%
  • Bert Favre

5 16.13%
  • Arod

20 64.52%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: GOAT Packer QB

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    These GOAT polls are taken all the time and real men – manly men – manage to power through the difficulty without whining. Yes, we all know that Michael Jordan, Bill Russell and Lebron James played different positions in different eras, it is hard to compare. They were great in their own ways. To come up with a choice, you have to decide on the most important criteria, and you have to judge each within their era.

“But it’s so hard!” shriek the girly men. “I can’t do it. What is 'best'? I won’t do it! I won’t, I tell you!”
    Poles are taken all the time by manly men. You are correct. I assume you're watching the video right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    This is museum quality stupidity.

Yes, and it includes a GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by Zool View Post
    Poles are taken all the time by manly men. You are correct. I assume you're watching the video right now.
    Manly men prefer Italians to Poles.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Bert drops to 4 votes with the withdrawal of oldbutnotdeadyet's support.

After last night, more votes for Rodgers, who famously was faulted for a few years for not being able to lead a comeback?
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    After last night, more votes for Rodgers, who famously was faulted for a few years for not being able to lead a comeback?
    Wasn't a 2 minute drill Fritz, so lets not elect anyone to the Hall of Fame yet. He really needs to throw more interceptions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Except that Rodgers said he learned about playing through injuries from Favre. Brett got him through that game last night.

starr was an OK QB and GREAT leader on a team full of stars led by the greatest coach of all time

favre broke almost every record in the book, but for every 3 great plays he made, he made 2 stupid mind numbing plays

a-rod is everything favre was, without any of the stupid bone headed plays

to me this one isn't even close

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Except that Rodgers said he learned about playing through injuries from Favre. Brett got him through that game last night.
    I give Rodgers a TON of credit. Would be easy to be salty about Favre. Even after the thaw, Brett still seemed to have left handed compliments for Rodgers in public comments. He didn't make a career or a book out of it, but it was a noticeable pattern.

But he seems to have come around lately to be more charitable.

Rodgers was much more careful and solicitous. He didn't need to credit Favre last night, but it was fun that he did.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    2:58

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Patler has made the case (and others have echoed it) that Starr often rescued the Packer offense with passing when the run game proved fruitless.

I suspect with a modern offense and training Starr would look like Montana or Brady and give any modern QB a run for their money.

Rodgers and Favre have athletic traits that are hard to match given their efficiency. I have no idea who comes out on top but Rodgers dominates in his era more than the other two except where Starr was a monster in playoff games (non era adjusted 100+ passer rating in the 1960s).
    starr threw almost as many ints as he did TDs. and i can't imagine TOs were liked by any generation

starr might be more like a flacco or eli

but, i never saw him play, i just have those stupid NFL film videos that make everyone look like they're running and moving in slow motion

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I give Rodgers a TON of credit. Would be easy to be salty about Favre. Even after the thaw, Brett still seemed to have left handed compliments for Rodgers in public comments. He didn't make a career or a book out of it, but it was a noticeable pattern.

But he seems to have come around lately to be more charitable.

Rodgers was much more careful and solicitous. He didn't need to credit Favre last night, but it was fun that he did.
    Rodgers easily could have been on that bike. But he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post

dude is in insane shape

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    dude is in insane shape
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    starr threw almost as many ints as he did TDs. and i can't imagine TOs were liked by any generation

starr might be more like a flacco or eli

but, i never saw him play, i just have those stupid NFL film videos that make everyone look like they're running and moving in slow motion
    Remember though that Starr played in an era when QB's were not rules-protected at all, so getting speared or slammed was seen as a good hit. In addition, receivers did not have the protections they do today (though the seventies was the decade in which defensive backs could get away with a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g).

Put Starr in today's game, and I am pretty sure he'd have far, far fewer interceptions, and many more TD passes.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Remember though that Starr played in an era when QB's were not rules-protected at all, so getting speared or slammed was seen as a good hit. In addition, receivers did not have the protections they do today (though the seventies was the decade in which defensive backs could get away with a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g).

Put Starr in today's game, and I am pretty sure he'd have far, far fewer interceptions, and many more TD passes.
    He sure would. He'd certainly have more than 13 completions/playoff game too. And he'd likely have more than 10 playoff games. But...half the team would have left in free agency...

He sure would. He'd certainly have more than 13 completions/playoff game too. And he'd likely have more than 10 playoff games. But...half the team would have left in free agency...
    Lombardi would have yelled what the hell is going on out there in March.

Would have been amazing to see Rodgers with a coach of Lombardi's caliber. Can't go wrong with Bart Starr, but I think Aaron's talent is just too much.

Agree 100%.
    Who Knows? The Shadow knows!

You do know the AR has agreed with this way of thinking now that he's the "old man" in the QB room?