Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Official 2018 World Cup/Soccer/Futbol Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It a cluster. I'm assuming the club leagues are going to have to stop their seasons for at least 6 weeks for the World Cup?
    that would cost teams millions and millions of dollars each. and a lot of teams lose money to begin with.

you can't really just postpone then extend the season, because the offseason is already short enough. teams have already started training for the new season

the only thing you could really do, is put it all on hold for a month, then play 2 games a week for every week of the season. which most teams do at the beginning of the year anyways. that would suck for a lot of guys because they get no time off during the break, then have to play twice as many games when they come back

just a stupid situation all around made by fifa and their greed for dirty money

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    that would cost teams millions and millions of dollars each. and a lot of teams lose money to begin with.

you can't really just postpone then extend the season, because the offseason is already short enough. teams have already started training for the new season

the only thing you could really do, is put it all on hold for a month, then play 2 games a week for every week of the season. which most teams do at the beginning of the year anyways. that would suck for a lot of guys because they get no time off during the break, then have to play twice as many games when they come back

just a stupid situation all around made by fifa and their greed for dirty money
    That would really be rough on teams playing in the Champions League.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    That would really be rough on teams playing in the Champions League.
    and teams still playing in domestic cups

its just gonna be a bad situation

Mesut Ozil quitting German national team over criticism he has received for posing for a picture with President Erdogan of Turkey. Ozil is of Turkish descent,but grew up in Germany.

"I'm aware that the picture of us caused a huge response in German media, and whilst some people may accuse me of lying or being deceitful, the picture we took had no political intensions," Ozil wrote. "For me, having a picture with President Erdogan wasn't about politics or elections, it was about me respecting the highest office of my family's country."

Earlier this month, the head of the German football federation, Reinhard Grindel, had said Ozil owed fans an explanation for his actions when he returned from his post-World Cup holiday. Ozil's statement was posted as Arsenal were preparing to fly to Singapore for a preseason tour, with Ozil having joined up with the squad just in time for the trip.

Ozil said the "mistreatment from the DFB, and in particular" Grindel was the issue that "frustrated" him the most. He accused Grindel of being "far more interested in speaking of his own political views and belittling my opinion" and said the federation turned him into "political propaganda."

"I will no longer stand for being a scapegoat for his incompetence and inability to do his job properly," Ozil wrote. "I know that [Grindel] wanted me out the team after the picture, and publicised his view on Twitter without any thinking or consultation, but [coach] Joachim Low and [director] Oliver Bierhoff stood up for me and backed me.

Blog Entries
    this thread sucks; last year many many hot Euro Chicks were posted in here. We've lost our edge...lol
    LIFE IS ABOUT CHAMPIONSHIPS; I JUST REALIZED THIS. The MILWAUKEE BUCKS have won the same number of championships over the past 50 years as the Green Bay Packers. Ten years from now, who will have more championships, and who will be the fart in the wind ?

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    this thread sucks; last year many many hot Euro Chicks were posted in here. We've lost our edge...lol
    You could fix the problem.
    Slacker

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bretsky View Post
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, owner of Leicester City FC, killed in a helicopter crash.

He was the owner when leicester stunned everybody by winning the Premier league a couple of years ago.

yeah, thats pretty fucked up