[QUOTE=beveaux1;993499]There are lots of reasons for his significantly lower completion percentage...But I believe the top reason for Rodgers' problems are the losses of Nelson, Allison, and Cobb for significant amounts of time this year. Rodgers expects receivers to be in particular places, to move towards him, away from him, to the right or left based on game conditions and it takes experience to know these spots. The only receiver that does is Adams and he's caught 8 TD passes and many first down catches. Rodgers will not throw interceptions, so he throws a pass that no one can catch.

Watching this game, this strongly appears to be the case. We know that Rodgers dislikes checkdowns, but after passes were incomplete to Scantling and St. Brown in the 2nd half. Passes that he showed anger or made gestures showing where he expected the receiver to go, he did not target those receivers much at all. In fact, he appeared to be targeting only Adams. He gave Adams 7 targets in the 2nd half, 5 completions. Scantling had 2 targets, 1 completion. St. Brown had 2 targets, 1 completion. In both of these receivers' cases the completion came before the incompletion in a single drive and they were not targeted again for the rest of the game. Jones had three targets in the 2nd half with no success at all. In each of these checkdowns, it appeared that Rodgers could have had success with the play had he thrown it sooner in the progression.

I don't buy that he wants to run MM out of town, but I do believe that he doesn't trust his #2 and #3 wideouts. This makes for a very difficult time sustaining long drives if there is only one receiver that he truly trusts.

I'll be interested to see what happens when Cobb can play. His game has always been getting open when Rodgers scrambles since he doesn't have the moves or speed to beat many DBs.