Thread: Possible rules change to Kick-offs. Thoughts?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    Sarcasm? Either way, I agree. This safety crap is stupid. For the tens of millions these guys get paid, they should be at risk of life and limb and brain. If they don't want to take the risk, they can get a regular job.
    If you're getting paid tens of millions, or even ones of millions, the only time you're on the field for a kickoff is the once-per-season Crucial Onsides Hands Team, at most. I doubt half of the guys on either side of the kickoff league-wide (okay, not counting the kickers) will get vested for a pension.
    Last edited by NewsBruin; 03-05-2024 at 01:54 PM.
    I believe in God, family, Baylor University, and the Green Bay Packers.

Quote Originally Posted by NewsBruin View Post
    If you're getting paid tens of millions, or even ones of millions, the only time you're on the field for a kickoff is the once-per-season Crucial Onsides Hands Team, at most. I doubt half of the guys on either side of the kickoff league-wide (okay, not counting the kickers) will get vested for a pension.
    The only reason not to make safety changes seems to be that certain fans put their need to see big hits above the safety of the people playing the game.

I'm fine with them tweaking the game to reduce serious injuries. I'll still watch and support the Packers and can suppress my selfish need to see lots of big hits.