Quote Originally Posted by wist43 View Post
What you saw was a great game. Best game I've watched in a long time. The offenses looked completely vexed b/c the defense was so spectacularly good for both teams.

As I said in another thread, to me, the most important aspect of the game was Denver's rush ends controlling both OT's; taking 1/2 the man rushes that controlled the OT and leveraged Cam into the pocket by making sure they didn't take their rushes too far upfield. Denver did this consistently; and, they consistently got pressure with four - when they sent four. On blitz's? Wade Philips was brilliant; the coverage was great... beautiful thing to watch.

And Carolina was just as good. Kuechley is great player; Norman is one of the best corners in the game; Ealy was a beast in the SB; Thomas Davis; etc, etc... Carolina's defense was great too - watching CJ Anderson battle for 90 yds... love that type of game. Very tough in the trenches...

My kind of game
I really didn't see a great game at all. I am for tough, physical battles...But this game was just sloppy. Drops, fumbles, turnovers, errant throws, penalties, missed calls,a coach refusing to adjust a gameplan. Certainly some talented players on both sides and both defenses were inpressive. But I saw more futility and ineptitude than I saw great play.