Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Packers Offered Brett Hundley in Trade Talks

Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wthigoot View Post
    Weird scenario:

Have all Packers 2018 picks.
    Before 2018 draft, get a 2nd and 4th for Hundley.
    Get comp picks 3rd, 5th, 5th, 6th.
    Get the conditional 7th for Lerentee McCray.

Now you can trade an entire 2018 draft (1st-7th) to move up in the 1st round, and still have another full 2018 draft. With an extra 5th.

Just need to find a player that's worth it.
    A 2nd and 4th for Hundley? Maybe if the other GM is high on heroin.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    A 2nd and 4th for Hundley? Maybe if the other GM is high on heroin.
    This is what I see watching Brett Hundley on any Passing Play:

** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    I can see someone who cannot translate the practice field to game day.

What worries me most is McCarthy saying he was light years better later in the year. I don't know what he was watching to say that unless he meant "at Pittsburgh".
    Probably the same as when AJ Hawk was really good at relaying signals and stuff. Hundley probably got better understanding the offense and the calls. Problem is that all that understanding can't throw an accurate pass.
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

CutlerquitRat HOFer
    MM slapped his dog and slept with his wife. He's a little pissy.
    Swede: My expertise in this area is extensive. The essential difference between a "battleship" and an "aircraft carrier" is that an aircraft carrier requires five direct hits to sink, but it takes only four direct hits to sink a battleship.

he'll be out of football next year.

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    he'll be out of football next year.
    ding ding ding

I wanted to jump on Pugger for her "showcase" line but was afraid of winding up on a #MeToo list.

I assume by "draft time" we are talking a year ago, before Hundley was exposed. If not, don't give me a clue, it will just upset me.

It's not far-fetched at all that we could get a decent draft pick for Hundley. It's primarily imbeciles in here and elsewhere who tend to piss on Hundley. He was not and I'm pretty sure still is not seen as all that bad by NFL personnel people and rational people in general.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    rational people
    hee hee hee

OK, you did call Aaron Jones correctly. But one out of two only makes you a half wit.

It's not far-fetched at all that we could get a decent draft pick for Hundley. It's primarily imbeciles in here and elsewhere who tend to piss on Hundley. He was not and I'm pretty sure still is not seen as all that bad by NFL personnel people and rational people in general.
    never say die
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

There was some article that was quoting a scout or exec that said Hundley could fetch a 2 before the season and nothing now. Execs would likely give him a pass for taking too many sacks, as it takes all young QB's a few seasons to develop that 6th sense. His arm strength would still rate as ok. Not great, but probably good enough. His big ding would be on his accuracy. About the only deep ball I can think he hit on was a totally blown coverage. On medium routes he was very often behind the receiver, leading all too frequently to the ball bouncing off his hands and getting picked. He could hit slants and short routes, but that was about it.

If his college work showed a good long ball and more accurate medium passes, that would mitigate the problems and someone might still offer something for him. However, that is not the case.

This will be the real test - Does Cleveland offer anything for him. Kizer didn't show much (except maybe against the Packers sorry excuse for a D), so if the brain trust that knows him best doesn't want him, who else will? If they do want him, then clearly he is seen has having value by the people who know best.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    This will be the real test - Does Cleveland offer anything for him. Kizer didn't show much (except maybe against the Packers sorry excuse for a D), so if the brain trust that knows him best doesn't want him, who else will? If they do want him, then clearly he is seen has having value by the people who know best.
    Cleveland spent an entire year gving Kizer experience. He's now at the threshold of being a serviceable backup/marginal starter (with an infusion of talent around him). Cleveland will get a legit starter and keep Kizer as their backup. There will be no interest in Hundley.

If not retained by the Packers on a cheap deal, maybe 2 years, he will be a street free agent and a camp arm for someone.

His absolute top upside would be to find a new coach, make some progress with some emergency starts and get a 3rd string job like Case Keenum.

McCarthy knows much more about QBs than I do, so maybe he is being serious about signs of development. But I am very doubtful. Of all the things you could list as the problem, inaccuracy is the big one, especially deep. If its mechanical or footwork related, what does another year get you that 3 did not?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-brett-hundley

Packers' offense unrecognizable with Brett Hundley

By Matt HarmonAssociate Fantasy Writer/Editor

Published: Nov. 7, 2017 at 12:28 a.m.
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Imbeciles in here continue to pile on and piss all over Hundley. Mark my words, we will get something decent in trade for him, I'd say 4th round pick or better.

Inaccuracy? Try receivers not getting open. A lot of those throws behind receivers were so to not lead the receiver into coverage - you see a lot of other QBs do that too. No ability to avoid sacks? Try shitty O Line blocking. For a team like the Packers, where the QB gets such poor line blocking, being mobile is essential, and even the worst detractors can't dispute that he was Aaron Rodgers level or better in that area.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Man, wish they would have pulled the trigger when they had the chance. If the Packers cut Hundley today, somebody would try to sign him as a back-up I'm sure, but boy, he has no chance at ever being a starter in the league. He's awful.

Is the offense horrible, but Rodgers carries it to prominence? Or is Hundley one of the worst QBs to ever start in the modern era?

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

This Chart (above) was created @ *** The Coach Clarahanson Show (and deserves all credit for it's creation and findings)

" Zero TD’s and 7 INT’s at home is not a winning formula. ***

http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2017/REG/Packers

Brett Hundley was 3 W - 6 L in 2017. THe Scheduled games and scores are in the LINK above.

In the 6 losses with Brett Hundley @ QB:

The Green Bay Packers lost by a two-touchdown margin (approx. 15 Points). The Offense averaged 12 points The Defense averaged nearly 27 points allowed in these games.
    Last edited by woodbuck27; 01-13-2018 at 07:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    Is the offense horrible, but Rodgers carries it to prominence? Or is Hundley one of the worst QBs to ever start in the modern era?

The truth is somewhere in the middle.
    It might be that they have designed an offense around Rodgers' unique skills and only Rodgers can really run it. Similar to what happened to Indy in 2011 when Peyton Manning was out. They went from 10-6 to 2-14. I think it does raise the question of the wisdom of developing a young unproven QB as backup vs. signing the vet who used to be a marginal starter and is now relegated to backup status. Especially now that the CBA has pretty much eliminated MM's offseason quarterback school. I always figured developing the young guy was MM's idea, but maybe it was Thompson's.

It is unfortunate Hundley just doesn't have "it" to be an NFL QB. I suspect he's one of those guys who looks decent enough at practice but not so hot in games when things start to get a little crazy. Judging if a collegiate QB can play in this league must be damn difficult when so many of them flop so spectacularly. Remember how some folks back in 2008 thought Brian Brohm was gonna push Rodgers for the staring job??

Senior Rat HOFer Maxie the Taxi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    It might be that they have designed an offense around Rodgers' unique skills and only Rodgers can really run it. Similar to what happened to Indy in 2011 when Peyton Manning was out. They went from 10-6 to 2-14. I think it does raise the question of the wisdom of developing a young unproven QB as backup vs. signing the vet who used to be a marginal starter and is now relegated to backup status. Especially now that the CBA has pretty much eliminated MM's offseason quarterback school. I always figured developing the young guy was MM's idea, but maybe it was Thompson's.
    +1
    One time Lombardi was disgusted with the team in practice and told them they were going to have to start with the basics. He held up a ball and said: "This is a football." McGee immediately called out, "Stop, coach, you're going too fast," and that gave everyone a laugh.
    John Maxymuk, Packers By The Numbers