Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: OFFICIAL 2015 NFL DRAFT THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The guy I saw work the 2nd string Packer RT did. But could he do that to the 1st string guy?

He needed another year to develop but didn't get it. His vet combine didn't look promising.
    can most rookies do that against a first string tackle in their first year?

i'm not saying sam would be a star, or even a starter, but i bet he could be a lot better then a lot of guys currently oin the nfl.

but like you said, why would a coach or GM want that media circus for a career backup?

and it would be like the tebow thing. you would have all kinds of people who have no idea about anything related to football, asking everyday why the guy isn't starting

Hands-to-the-face Rat HOFer 3irty1's Avatar
    I think Micahael Sam the player is good enough to still be in the NFL and I don't think its the media circus that cost him that opportunity. Some teams hate distractions but others invite HBO into their house. Two main problems with Sam I think. First, even non-first openly gay players need the right locker room fit. There are probably plenty of GM's who didn't want to shake up their locker room by introducing Sam to it. Secondly I think Sam scared a lot of teams with his use of the media. A media circus you can control is free publicity, but a media circus you can't is nightmarish. What Sam did was honest and brave but the way he invited the spotlight, kissed his bf on national tv, etc. Makes you wonder what he might say about his experience in your franchise in the likely event that he doesn't make your team. Remember all the other GM's have eccentric billionairs to answer to. I don't blame them for thinking Sam's not worth the risk.

I thought he was a good player though. Maybe not quite as good as Shane Ray but IMO Ray was still overdrafted and in a shitty class at that.
    70% of the Earth is covered by water. The rest is covered by Al Harris.

Quote Originally Posted by red View Post
    mike mayock came out and flat out said ray didn't have a good pro day, said he looked "stiff in the hips", same thing that sam had a problem with

paul dawson, had worse numbers then sam in every category, but went in the third

like i said earlier. when ray didn't do anything at the combine and disappointed at his pro day, the "experts" said, "forget the number, watch the tape"

when sam had a bad combine and pro day, the same exact experts said "forget how good the tape looks, the numbers tell us everything"
    Part of this argument really depends on whether or not you consider pro days equivalent to the official NFL combine. There are some significant differences between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by sharpe1027 View Post
    Part of this argument really depends on whether or not you consider pro days equivalent to the official NFL combine. There are some significant differences between the two.
    yeah, but ray didn't do anything at the combine, except the bench, because of a foot injury. a lot of the numbers i'm using for comparisons are from rays pro day at mizzou, and sams pro day, also at mizzou, in the same indoor facility and probably with the same personal running the show and timing it

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    I think Micahael Sam the player is good enough to still be in the NFL and I don't think its the media circus that cost him that opportunity. Some teams hate distractions but others invite HBO into their house. Two main problems with Sam I think. First, even non-first openly gay players need the right locker room fit. There are probably plenty of GM's who didn't want to shake up their locker room by introducing Sam to it. Secondly I think Sam scared a lot of teams with his use of the media. A media circus you can control is free publicity, but a media circus you can't is nightmarish. What Sam did was honest and brave but the way he invited the spotlight, kissed his bf on national tv, etc. Makes you wonder what he might say about his experience in your franchise in the likely event that he doesn't make your team. Remember all the other GM's have eccentric billionairs to answer to. I don't blame them for thinking Sam's not worth the risk.

I thought he was a good player though. Maybe not quite as good as Shane Ray but IMO Ray was still overdrafted and in a shitty class at that.
    didn't he even have a TV deal set up before he signed? like with oprah or something

Blog Entries
    didn't he even have a TV deal set up before he signed? like with oprah or something
    Oh yeah?

I bet Fish was pissed when he heard that shit.

Good to hear you are running the site now, Red.

I doubt you will fuck it up any worse than anybody else has.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post

He was on the PS at Dallas. PS players share the locker room and team activities as far as I know, they just won't suit up on game day. Dallas is a team that lives on media and distractions. They've kept Brent around who fucking killed one of their teammates. If they thought Sam could play he'd still be with them. His even worse numbers at the veterans' combine suggests that he is not committed to doing what is needed to be in the league.

As for the preseason game where he looked good against the Packers, he was going against Sherrod. He could make any defensive player look good.
    Fire Murphy, Gute, MLF, Barry, Senavich, etc!

Quote Originally Posted by KYPack View Post
    Oh yeah?

I bet Fish was pissed when he heard that shit.

Good to hear you are running the site now, Red.

I doubt you will fuck it up any worse than anybody else has.
    i ain't running shit

Quote Originally Posted by MadScientist View Post
    He was on the PS at Dallas. PS players share the locker room and team activities as far as I know, they just won't suit up on game day. Dallas is a team that lives on media and distractions. They've kept Brent around who fucking killed one of their teammates. If they thought Sam could play he'd still be with them. His even worse numbers at the veterans' combine suggests that he is not committed to doing what is needed to be in the league.

As for the preseason game where he looked good against the Packers, he was going against Sherrod. He could make any defensive player look good.
    One of them was. Another one was after he the other Tackle prospect flipped sides.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

So, here's this. Ty Montgomery vs Damarious Randall...

Ugh..

https://vine.co/v/eZKdOH2pv3Q

oh god

well at least they both didn't fall down

reason #875 why you don't draft players from the university of florida

jags rookie, and #3 overall pick donte fowler, tore his ACL in the first day of rookie minicamp and will miss the entire season

according to one person involved with the team, the injury was "brutal"

oh god

well at least they both didn't fall down
    His hip swivel was fine, just 2 seconds too late.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    That throw was brutal for as much separation as Monty got.
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Red, you're a dumbshit, and more importantly, a cunt. Go crawl in a hole and die, moron.

V I'd say the Montgomery drop is worse, but it is just a practice...
    Last edited by smuggler; 05-09-2015 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by smuggler View Post
    So, here's this. Ty Montgomery vs Damarious Randall...

Ugh..

https://vine.co/v/eZKdOH2pv3Q
    What was worse, Randall getting smoked or Ty dropping the ball?

Red, you're a dumbshit, and more importantly, a cunt. Go crawl in a hole and die, moron.

V I'd say the Montgomery drop is worse, but it is just a practice...
    i know, cold hard facts and numbers are such are so cruel

i know, cold hard facts and numbers are such are so cruel

This dude is the biggest baby. If you disagree with him, or ask him to explain his assertions and hyperbole with facts, he throws and tantrum and cusses people out.

You don't know the nature of our disagreement, yeti. It is not based on facts.

I call a cunt a cunt 10 times out of 10. If you don't like my honesty, then iI'd guess that says a lot more about you than me. As for red, he's a cunt and that's not going to change.
    Last edited by smuggler; 05-09-2015 at 12:52 PM.

You don't know the nature of our disagreement, yeti. It is not based on facts.

I call a cunt a cunt 10 times out of 10. If you don't like my honesty, then iI'd guess that says a lot more about you than me. As for red, he's a cunt and that's not going to change.
    Did you not call me a cunt and a bitch a month or two ago and threaten to ignore me? If that was someone else I apologize.