Page 436 of 563 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 486 536 ... LastLast
Results 8,701 to 8,720 of 11257

Thread: OFFICIAL BRETT THE LIVING LEGEND THREAD

Favre's curse is that he cannot let go of a grudge. Mainly against Thompson, not so much against Rodgers. The question he was asked in the interview was a great opportunity to put it all behind him, but he couldn't bring himself to do it. He could have said, "I'm happy for them. I was hoping they would win it". But instead he gave a rambling answer that most, rightly or wrongly, saw as a veiled shot at Rodgers. If the Packers win the Super Bowl this year, Favre needs to do 4 things:

Call Aaron Rodgers and congratulate him.
    Call Ted Thompson and congratulate him.
    Call Mike McCarthy and congratulate him.
    Give an interview in which he says he's happy for the Packers and their fans.

That's what he needs to do. I'm not sure he can bring himself to do it though.

If Favre has a grudge against Rodgers that shows how immature he is. Rodgers took his job? Waa Waa. If you hadn't "retired" in the first place none of this crap would have happened in the first place - unless you feared Rodgers would have beaten you out for the starter's job and there was no way in hell you'd be his back-up. If you are pissed at MM and TT too damn bad. YOU were the one who "retired". Lemme give you a crying towel.

Green & Gold Shades Rat HOFer channtheman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    If Favre has a grudge against Rodgers that shows how immature he is. Rodgers took his job? Waa Waa. If you hadn't "retired" in the first place none of this crap would have happened in the first place - unless you feared Rodgers would have beaten you out for the starter's job and there was no way in hell you'd be his back-up. If you are pissed at MM and TT too damn bad. YOU were the one who "retired". Lemme give you a crying towel.

Hey! That's MY quarterback you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Give an interview in which he says he's happy for the Packers and their fans.

That's what he needs to do. I'm not sure he can bring himself to do it though.
    He's not happy about it. He's not happy for the organization. He's not happy for his old teammates. And he's not happy for the fans. If he was he would have done the things you suggested. Even though he's not happy....he should still do those things because it's the right thing to do. But he's to dumb and/or stubborn to do it.

Thread closed? No more "living legend." This horse has been turned in to glue.
    "I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious." - Vince Lombardi

I wonder if Deanna feels sorry for him...
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Quote Originally Posted by Fritz View Post
    I wonder if Deanna feels sorry for him...
    You mean while he mopes around the mansion feeling misunderstood? He may have been our Favre, but he pretty well proved he wasn't just her Brett...
    "Greatness is not an act... but a habit.Greatness is not an act... but a habit." -Greg Jennings

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    Well, well.

Favre claims he was just misunderstood. That he meant nothing but sincere praise for Rodgers and the organization. That he is gracious and complimentary.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...+The+Huddle%29
    The way he talks in circles and rambles on it isn't easy to keep track of what the hell he is saying at times.

After lunch the players lounged about the hotel patio watching the surf fling white plumes high against the darkening sky. Clouds were piling up in the west… Vince Lombardi frowned.

It's official. Bert Farve is a queer ass douchebag. Funny how the fucker only wants to be a washed-up tally-whacker on teams who play in the same division as his former team. Life with Deanna post Jenn must not be as fun as he thought it would be.

Report: Brett Favre would listen if Bears made a pitch
    "You're all very smart, and I'm very dumb." - Partial

The Twitter feed is hysterical for this. https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Favre

Favorite so far is Whitlock: Whitlock is willing to listen if Halle Berry calls...
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

with 11 long-haired friends of Jesus in a chartreuse microbus
    Fritz is willing to listen if Drew Barrymore calls
    Last edited by mraynrand; 12-05-2011 at 02:03 PM. Reason: f u
    "Never, never ever support a punk like mraynrand. Rather be as I am and feel real sympathy for his sickness." - Woodbuck

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    The Twitter feed is hysterical for this. https://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23Favre

Favorite so far is Whitlock: Whitlock is willing to listen if Halle Berry calls...
    My fave:

"Bears to Brett Favre: Please Stop Sexting Us"

Quote Originally Posted by mraynrand View Post
    Fritz is willing to listen if Drew Barrymore calls
    Bazinga!
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

This just in: Favre, Iverson and Clemons have pitched in togethe to hire and answering service...in case anyone calls. Word is still out on whether Tiki will commit.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

f bf

Quote Originally Posted by gbgary View Post
    f bf
    These three letters sum up this thread and everything since 2008 so well.

Michael C. Wright has spoken to a source who believes that if the Bears contacted Favre about filling that position for the last four weeks of the regular season and possibly beyond, there could be a match.
    Gosh! It must be true.

Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Gosh! It must be true.
    Brett's family is the one subject whom I would believe it to be true, based on that kind of qualification.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.