Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Studs & Duds - Packers vs. Seahawks

Brice becoming a legit NFL safety, Clark and Lowry becoming men (plus the addition of the vet relief DL we brought in), Daniels being a super hero and Burnett being so versatile and smart makes the Nitro defense possible. It's one of those things where the right pieces just fit together the right way!

It's like Collins speed covering the whole back end allowed peprah and Woodson to do whatever they wanted inside...... the strength of the DL now and the depth of our safety group is making the speed of this Nitro defense possible.

Can't wait!!!!!!

studs: the entire d...no one played less than a good game. cobb, ty, jordy.

duds: mm's play calling. started and finished with short passing game working but totally got away from it in between time. during that time Rodgers was holding the ball too long, taking hits he didn't need to take, played into sea's strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlan Huckleby View Post
    That was the one fly in the ointment for me. Man, if that guy is the starter, how bad are the backups?

Maybe we got spoiled last year having 6 good linemen.
    Interestingly enough...Evans graded out as one of the Packers top 5 performances by PFF. I've never really followed their ratings in the past so I can't comment on how they are calculated...just passing along the info.

TOP 5 GRADES:
    Edge Nick Perry, 89.8 overall grade

LB Blake Martinez, 87.0 overall grade

DI Mike Daniels, 86.6 overall grade

WR Jordy Nelson, 81.8 overall grade

RG Jahri Evans, 79.1 overall grade
    Go PACK

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHarrell View Post
    Brice becoming a legit NFL safety, Clark and Lowry becoming men (plus the addition of the vet relief DL we brought in), Daniels being a super hero and Burnett being so versatile and smart makes the Nitro defense possible. It's one of those things where the right pieces just fit together the right way!

It's like Collins speed covering the whole back end allowed peprah and Woodson to do whatever they wanted inside...... the strength of the DL now and the depth of our safety group is making the speed of this Nitro defense possible.

Can't wait!!!!!!
    Agreed. The Dean Lowry Army should be proud of their founder.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by mission View Post
    You also never saw the complete play. Every time they started showing the replay, they cut it off before its completion. The longest playback showed Lane first pushing Adams' head down with his forearm and then slamming his head back down into the turf after that with the same forearm. Maybe that was enough for the ejection, maybe something happened after that, but you didn't see it and I didn't see it. And neither did those idiots Troy and Buck.
    Not only that, but all the replays were in slow motion. It's easier to see some things in real time. Like the blocks in the back on the first Seattle kick off return and the one committed against Rodgers. In slow motion, neither looks like a legitimate call. Real time, even I caught them. And the announcers kept going back to them as bad calls.

I wanted to see the punch real time to see how forceful that forearm to the face was, but they never showed it.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    so I can't comment on how they are calculated...just passing along the info.
    It must be like golf - low score wins - otherwise my scouting skills would be called into question.

Quote Originally Posted by 3irty1 View Post
    Perfect weekend for WI sports. Brewers sweep the Cubs in Wriggly and then the Packers beat the Seahawks in satisfying fashion.

Studs:
    Rodgers-to-Nelson. The only thing more satisfying than Seattle getting a 12 men on the field penalty is when we score a TD off it.

Mike Daniels + Nick Perry. Reminded me of this:

Morgan Burnett was everywhere.

Ty Montgomery is just a one man offense. Weird to see a RB wearing 88. Its incredible he's got the vision that he does. Count pass blocking among his long list of talents.

When guys have trouble getting open its going to be real nice to have Bennett out there who you can complete passes to anyways.

Duds:
    Refs were bad and the Packers got away with major shit. When Pete Carrol calls the league office to complain he should just get a recording of the fail mary audio.

MM should have kept the beard.

Vince Biegel is nursing a foot while TJ Watt gets 2 sacks and an Int in his first game. God damnit Vince get out there and show who is the better Badger.

Pete Carrol's dumb fucking face.
    Do you think Biegel is better than Watt?
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Do you think Biegel is better than Watt?
    Keep questions like that to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman641 View Post
    Interestingly enough...Evans graded out as one of the Packers top 5 performances by PFF. I've never really followed their ratings in the past so I can't comment on how they are calculated...just passing along the info.

TOP 5 GRADES:
    Edge Nick Perry, 89.8 overall grade

LB Blake Martinez, 87.0 overall grade

DI Mike Daniels, 86.6 overall grade

WR Jordy Nelson, 81.8 overall grade

RG Jahri Evans, 79.1 overall grade
    Martinez graded higher than Daniels? Did Daniels have some bad plays too and Martinez was always assignment perfect?

Blog Entries
    Evans played well. He had trouble with Richardson, so does the whole league. He won more battles than he lost and Richardson had no sacks.

Brooks had one solo tackle before he went out with the concussion. Couldn't find a snap log on him, but somebody will dig that out.

I almost hate to complain about Troy and Buck, but God, they suck. There was no mention of Brooks play, his concussion when it happened, nothin'. At the end of the game, me and a knot of Packer fans were cheering our victory after the 2 minute warning. These luke warm Seattle fans were saying "It isn't over yet"! We had to explain to 'em that GB was just going to kneel out the win. Shouldn't Aikman and Buck have mumbled something about that so the audience would know what's happening?

Regarding the Biegel/Watt comparison, it would be a real stretch to say Biegel is better, considering the NFL start Watt has gotten off to. However, the last time both were healthy - Biegel's junior year, Biegel outplayed Watt. Probably Watt has improved a lot since then, but I'm still hopeful that Biegel will be a big timer. Look at Jalen Smith; The Cowboys risked a second round pick and waited a whole year for him. Possibly the Biegel situation is similar for the Packers.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Agreed. The Dean Lowry Army should be proud of their founder.
    Well, we would have been up in arms if he hadn't played well.

As for the Packers' fans chanting "Go Pack Go" toward the end of the game when the Packers were on offense, the strangest part, to me, was seeing Jordy Nelson trot out wide left, waving his arms up and down, like he was trying to get the fans going.

Unless that was his special signal to Rodgers that he was goin' deep.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack

Senior Rat HOFer Carolina_Packer's Avatar
    Winner: Me and my son. We don't have Sunday Ticket, and the Panthers are going to pre-empt the Game of the Week in North Carolina (possibly even SC), so we went to a local wing place, downed some delicious wings, and watched the Packer game with no sound, except from the Panther game.

Loser: The lack of offensive diversity in the first half. I wonder how many rushing attempts there were in the first half with 4 sacks and probably just as many pressures? The variety helped in the second half. Run right at those pass rushers!
    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." -Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Studs - The D, the offense looked ok considering who they were up against and who is calling the plays.

Duds - Special Teams minus Crosby and M3. What the fuck was he doing calling TO's at the end of the first half?
    C.H.U.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    Studs - The D, the offense looked ok considering who they were up against and who is calling the plays.

Duds - Special Teams minus Crosby and M3. What the fuck was he doing calling TO's at the end of the first half?
    He said the defense was dominating (true) and he wanted to get the ball back. It just never seems to work when he does that though.
    Ring the bells that still can ring
    Forget your perfect offering
    There is a crack, a crack in everything
    That's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    He said the defense was dominating (true) and he wanted to get the ball back. It just never seems to work when he does that though.
    Also, we only had 2 timeouts. The best we could do was get the ball back with 15 seconds to go around mid-field with no timeouts. They should have let Seattle run out the clock.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Blog Entries
    Davis might take it to the house.

Plan B - Hail Mary works every time.

Unfortunately Plan C cost 3 points after two big gainers by Seattle - probably the only 2 they had in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan View Post
    Also, we only had 2 timeouts. The best we could do was get the ball back with 15 seconds to go around mid-field with no timeouts. They should have let Seattle run out the clock.
    Depending on where they received the punt, they could have tried for a free kick. I was thinking that was the only possible outcome for points.

Jumbo Rat HOFer
    Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    Depending on where they received the punt, they could have tried for a free kick. I was thinking that was the only possible outcome for points.
    That quickly ran through my mind but we were kicking into the wind at that point.
    But Rodgers leads the league in frumpy expressions and negative body language on the sideline, which makes him, like Josh Allen, a unique double threat.

-Tim Harmston

Quote Originally Posted by Freak Out View Post
    What the fuck was he doing calling TO's at the end of the first half?
    no problem with the strategy but it never seems to work out for him.