Thread: Another Patriot Scandal??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Oracle Rat HOFer Cheesehead Craig's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    As a fan I'm interesting in something better than 'hating on Bill Bilichick, Tom Brady and the New England Patriots' As a FAN The NFL's positions on rules broken or not are way beyond my concern. Why? it's simply become such a mess in that arena and getting worse. The rules are simply too complicated.

It seems to me that the NFL has opened up this can of worms and now it has to get out of it. How it arrives there is the real story.

I'd simply RULE that in the future the balls are all checked on some random basis. That all teams are well aware that this will be done and the results used to determine any future penalty.

Again as I posted earlier. For now it's about control and focusing on playing football.

Here's the NFL Players Association's stance on this.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...investigation/

Matthew Slater: NFLPA has “instructed” Patriots players to “reserve comment” on deflation investigation

Posted by Mike Wilkening on January 24, 2015, 2:28 PM EST
    I did not "hate on Brady, Belichick, or the Pats" in my post and there's no way to even infer that. Your original post made it sound like you think that this rule is not a big deal and thus breaking it is meaningless. The rule is there for a reason, and all the teams have to abide by it. Again, just because one does not like a rule does not give one permission to break it.

The NFL didn't create this mess, the Patriots did. I just don't think the NFL is going to do a good job in handling it.
    All hail the Ruler of the Meadow!

Double post.

Why can't we delete posts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Double post.

Why can't we delete posts?
    Pugger simply let some air out of it.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...e-a-quick-one/

Ted Wells says #DeflateGate investigation won’t be a quick one

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 26, 2015, 5:25 PM EST

Ted Wells, who is leading the league’s investigation, said it will be some time before he’s ready to release any findings about the fluctuations in ball pressure heard round the world.

“ I expect the investigation to take at least several more weeks. In the interim, it would be best if everyone involved or potentially involved in this matter avoids public comment concerning the matter until the investigation is concluded. "

Comment woodbuick27:

The man has to make some real money off of this !
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Pugger simply let some air out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesehead Craig View Post
    I did not "hate on Brady, Belichick, or the Pats" in my post and there's no way to even infer that. Your original post made it sound like you think that this rule is not a big deal and thus breaking it is meaningless. The rule is there for a reason, and all the teams have to abide by it. Again, just because one does not like a rule does not give one permission to break it.

The NFL didn't create this mess, the Patriots did. I just don't think the NFL is going to do a good job in handling it.
    Whoa !

I didn't want to even infer that you were hating. There's a lot of that going on in regards to this matter all the same.

Your opinion is your right. Good for you.