Thread: Seahawk's punt returner? - Earl Thomas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Why do folks wring their hands if starters are returning punts? How often does a player get injured in this roll?

Elegantly Wasted Rat All-Pro Noodle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pugger View Post
    Why do folks wring their hands if starters are returning punts? How often does a player get injured in this roll?
    It happens. The Pigskins used super-burner Darrell Green to return punts when they really needed a big return. He was awesome at it (see vid below), but he also got hurt doing it (see vid below).

I'm ok with use Cobb for a few weeks, but I'd be working Janis every day to get him ready to do it ASAP.

Anyway, enjoy Green's brilliance and the Bears's futility:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodle View Post
    It happens. The Pigskins used super-burner Darrell Green to return punts when they really needed a big return. He was awesome at it (see vid below), but he also got hurt doing it (see vid below).

I'm ok with use Cobb for a few weeks, but I'd be working Janis every day to get him ready to do it ASAP.

Anyway, enjoy Green's brilliance and the Bears's futility:

Great post, Noodle.

I was thinking about this play when I read this thread.

Green tore his rib cartilage on this return. Watch him after he hurdles the tackler, he damages the rib right there. He scores holding his ribs. DG played the next week and made a key tackle, hurt ribs and all.

He wasn't nothin' but a stud.