Thread: Official 2015 Fire Slocum! Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_Packer View Post
    Taking into account MM's brother having passed, the timing of any assistant coaching change might be thrown off. I'm really hoping that they are doing their due diligence and tkaing a hard look at whether we can win with the present state of special teams. Nobody is saying the players are not somewhat culpable for the results on the field, but the coordinator has to be able to get the results needed from the players, and that's just not happening. Please MM, do not continue your blind loyalty to Slocum, no matter whether he is your buddy or not. Hopefully TT can talk to MM and convince him that it's time to shore up this important 1/3 of the team, especially when some good assistants are now out there and being picked up fast. Standing pat would be a mistake.
    Common Roots:

Ted Thompson from Atlanta , Texas; played LBer at Southern Methodist University, Texas.

Shawn Slocum graduated from Bryan High School in Bryan, Texas; played LBer at Texas A & M University.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by woodbuck27 View Post
    Common Roots:

Ted Thompson from Atlanta , Texas; played LBer at Southern Methodist University, Texas.

Shawn Slocum graduated from Bryan High School in Bryan, Texas; played LBer at Texas A & M University.
    Those towns are 210 miles apart. That's like saying residents of Madison, WI and St. Paul Minnesota share roots. Possible, but you really don't know anything.

Not to mention the 12 year difference in their ages.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Those towns are 210 miles apart. That's like saying residents of Madison, WI and St. Paul Minnesota share roots. Possible, but you really don't know anything.

Not to mention the 12 year difference in their ages.
    Simply a small point pbmax....not damning !

Some fans want to point to a small common connection for Mike McCarthy and Shawn Slocum from early in their coaching careers. That's IMO smaller than hailing from TEXAS.

TT and Shawn Slocum: Roots... common roots: TEXAS and again...NOT DAMNING.

The bigger picture:

What this will come down to in this off season is intent described by action and nothing else.

Packer Nation deserves to see change. It's got to happen NOW not two-three seasons from now.

I do understand Ted Thompson's Brides Maid mentality but for the vast majority of Packer Nation hopefully that doesn't wash.
    ** Since 2006 3 X Pro Pickem' Champion; 4 X Runner-Up and 3 X 3rd place.
    ** To download Jesus Loves Me ring tones, you'll need a cell phone mame
    ** If God doesn't fish, play poker or pull for " the Packers ", exactly what does HE do with his buds?
    ** Rather than love, money or fame - give me TRUTH: Henry D. Thoreau