Thread: So... Aaron Hernandez

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Something very odd happened to this kid in what publicly seems like the space of 10 years (actually less).

He lost his father while he was in high school. I wonder if that not so much precipitated his decline but removed someone he could rely on to control it. He went south very quickly after this (father died of complications due to surgery when he was 16).

Radio is all over the map on this guy today, engaging in hoary stereotype after hoary stereotype. Both Dan Patrick and his producer Pabst made mention of his tough upbringing. When they actually had a guest on who knew his story (Tom Curran) it was pointed out that he had a thoroughly middle class childhood with two parents living and siblings.

And he was charming enough to sway Robert Kraft and the team to give him that contract. This was after a shady record at Florida that saw him leave school early in a decision that seemed to be applauded by both the player and the college. His behavior in college was the reason he dropped in that draft.

I would not be stunned if he had mental health issues predating all these things.

Its a terrible story that has taken a huge toll on a lot of families.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    Something very odd happened to this kid in what publicly seems like the space of 10 years (actually less).

He lost his father while he was in high school. I wonder if that not so much precipitated his decline but removed someone he could rely on to control it. He went south very quickly after this (father died of complications due to surgery when he was 16).

Radio is all over the map on this guy today, engaging in hoary stereotype after hoary stereotype. Both Dan Patrick and his producer Pabst made mention of his tough upbringing. When they actually had a guest on who knew his story (Tom Curran) it was pointed out that he had a thoroughly middle class childhood with two parents living and siblings.

And he was charming enough to sway Robert Kraft and the team to give him that contract. This was after a shady record at Florida that saw him leave school early in a decision that seemed to be applauded by both the player and the college. His behavior in college was the reason he dropped in that draft.

I would not be stunned if he had mental health issues predating all these things.

Its a terrible story that has taken a huge toll on a lot of families.
    Interesting. Well put.
    There's usually a story behind troubled souls like Hernandez. The saddest thing of all is his missed opportunity in life.