Thread: The Fun of being an Informed Packer Fan Corner. At least you can LAUGH !

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachMN View Post
    I will say off the top of my head that passing on TJ Watt was a mistake. Yes you always want good cb's but if you have a pass rush your cb's get better.
    Fwiw I wanted Watt at that pick as well. But I know fuck all about player evaluation and the rest of the decision making process behind the pick. Yes, Watt had a better rookie season than King, but whether the pick was a mistake can't be accurately judged for some time, maybe not until both their careers are over.

Quote Originally Posted by George Cumby View Post
    Fwiw I wanted Watt at that pick as well. But I know fuck all about player evaluation and the rest of the decision making process behind the pick. Yes, Watt had a better rookie season than King, but whether the pick was a mistake can't be accurately judged for some time, maybe not until both their careers are over.
    I too was disappointed we didn't take Watt but we needed a corner and King looked good until that shoulder of his put him on IR. Maybe that'll be fixed and he'll be a fine corner for us for years. Now that we will be picking at #14 this is the year to get that EDGE player we so desperately need.