View Poll Results: What is a fair profit for an average NFL owner?

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • $0 - They make their money when they sell the team.

1 3.45%
  • $10 M max. Similar to players on their second contract

0 0%
  • $10 - $20 M. Like a top line veteran player

0 0%
  • $20 - 30 M. As much as the highest paid players

2 6.90%
  • $30 - 40 M. A bit more than the top players

2 6.90%
  • $40 M+. Its a huge investments in a wildly successful business. A solid return is deserved.

24 82.76%

Thread: What is a fair profit for an NFL owner?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Oday View Post
    It is EASY to replace the current players, there are thousands every year that dont get drafted and are working at grocery stores and fast food chains. The NFL would suffer 2 years until all the players would fall into line.

I have a homework assignment for everyone that works for a privately owned company. Go to your owner and ask to see their books. They will say "go F*ck yourself" in a more polite way. I would say that to my employees it doesn't matter how much I make because I took the risk and opened my own business.
    *sigh*

Been there, done that. This discussion has been had many times, some of them in this thread, I believe. The NFL is not a 'normal' business, and the rules governing business practices don't apply to it. Hence the anti-trust exemption, among other legal oddities. So no, the owners can not say 'go F*ck yourself' and be done with it. Or they would have already.
    --
    Imagine for a moment a world without hypothetical situations...

Quote Originally Posted by Guiness View Post
    *sigh*

Been there, done that. This discussion has been had many times, some of them in this thread, I believe. The NFL is not a 'normal' business, and the rules governing business practices don't apply to it. Hence the anti-trust exemption, among other legal oddities. So no, the owners can not say 'go F*ck yourself' and be done with it. Or they would have already.
    But again I disagree with that assertion. The NFL is a corporation with franchises. The "anti trust" exemption is bullshit as anyone can start a league. Not just anyone can open a franchise, which is consistent with any other business. and yes, the master corporation CAN dictate wages to the franchises (although usually minimums, not maximums)
    I don't hold Grudges. It's counterproductive.