Thread: 2023 Practice Squad

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joemailman View Post
    Chris Slayton over Jonathan Ford a bit of a surprise.
    Ford made the initial roster. They waived him today when they signed Sims/Alexander. He has to clear waivers. Once he does that, he could be signed to PS. Same for Tariq Carpenter. I would imagine they hope to get both guys back on the practice squad.
    "There's a lot of interest in the draft. It's great. But quite frankly, most of the people that are commenting on it don't know anything about what they are talking about."--Ted Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by HarveyWallbangers View Post
    Ford made the initial roster. They waived him today when they signed Sims/Alexander. He has to clear waivers. Once he does that, he could be signed to PS. Same for Tariq Carpenter. I would imagine they hope to get both guys back on the practice squad.
    It's still weird to me that they kept Ford on the 53 all of last "all in" year, without him ever playing a snap. It seemed to indicate he was a work in progress, but one woth keeping and one they feared would be snapped up if they tried to get him to the PS.

Then they cut him this year. It just seems weird.

I would've thought they'd have just put Wicks on IR - it sounds like there'll be a lot of two-tight-end sets, which means fewer receivers needed.

But I'm just a-watching from afar. I don't know much.
    "The Devine era is actually worse than you remember if you go back and look at it."

KYPack