Thread: Is McCarthy the problem?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by esoxx View Post
    The 57 yard FG attempt was just plain dumb. Still hard to believe that decision actually.
    If Crosby tells you he can make it, you do not believe him? What do you put his odds at?
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Quote Originally Posted by pbmax View Post
    If Crosby tells you he can make it, you do not believe him? What do you put his odds at?
    Considering the longest FG in Heinz Field history is 53 yards (yes tied by Boswell Sunday night), I'd put the odds of him making it between slim and none.

I think there was talk he was hitting some in pregame but hellva difference between pregame and game conditions with a rush on.

It was a reckless and foolish decision. It was then and is now.

Considering the longest FG in Heinz Field history is 53 yards (yes tied by Boswell Sunday night), I'd put the odds of him making it between slim and none.

I think there was talk he was hitting some in pregame but hellva difference between pregame and game conditions with a rush on.

Heinz field has had some terrible fields, much worse than Sunday night. Horrible rain and wind. And a HOST of bad FG kickers after the naked selfie guy left the scene.

I don't think the history tells as much of a story as people seem to be thinking. Wonder what the numbers are on good kickers over 50 yards there is decent conditions.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.

Boswell, who had never kicked a FG longer than 51 yards, kicked one for 53 in the game. So there's almost no way that Crosby, a much more accomplished kicker, could have kicked one from 4 yards further out? Nonsense.

Since no one has ever kicked a FG longer than 53 yards at Heinz Field, I put the odds close to zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Teamcheez1 View Post
    Since no one has ever kicked a FG longer than 53 yards at Heinz Field, I put the odds close to zero.
    I'd guess somewhere around 30% for Crosby. I'd be willing to bet that if they it were possible to know the exact chances and someone told M3 that there was a 1 in 3 chance, he'd still take it. He took a risk on one of his better players making a play and it didn't work out.

At any rate, I doubt punting was ever considered. If they had Rodgers, they would have gone for the 1st down. Hundley was like 6/7 on third down in that game, so maybe they should have gone after it.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro ~Hunter S.

Quote Originally Posted by denverYooper View Post
    I'd guess somewhere around 30% for Crosby. I'd be willing to bet that if they it were possible to know the exact chances and someone told M3 that there was a 1 in 3 chance, he'd still take it. He took a risk on one of his better players making a play and it didn't work out.

At any rate, I doubt punting was ever considered. If they had Rodgers, they would have gone for the 1st down. Hundley was like 6/7 on third down in that game, so maybe they should have gone after it.
    We never got a replay of the snap and hold, did we? I thought that was an egregious oversight for such an important play.
    No longer the member of any fan clubs. I'm tired of jinxing players out of the league and into obscurity.

Quote Originally Posted by Smidgeon View Post
    We never got a replay of the snap and hold, did we? I thought that was an egregious oversight for such an important play.
    Snap looked high and inside to me, but Vogel seemed ready for it. Like maybe he wants the ball into his chest.

He got the ball down about where his hand was pre snap. Hard to be sure without closer look on replay.

I think he had the wind, and the Steelers guy - no better than Crosby - kicked it 53 yards in that direction to win the game. I can't fault him too much for letting him kick it.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?