Thread: TD'S and KICKOFF RETURNS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    What has Davis EVER shown under game conditions? Janis, in addition to excellence on special teams, has done somewhere between good and spectacularly well whenever he has had a chance as WR, both preseason and regular season. He, inexplicably, just hasn't had many chances. I'd bet the house that if Janis ever does get a full chance - if not starter, a lot of plays in the rotation - with the Packers or (REGRETTABLY) with some other team, he will be a star in this league. It will be a God damned shame if it is with some other team.
    What could be more GOOD and NORMAL and AMERICAN than Packer Football?

Quote Originally Posted by texaspackerbacker View Post
    What has Davis EVER shown under game conditions? Janis, in addition to excellence on special teams, has done somewhere between good and spectacularly well whenever he has had a chance as WR, both preseason and regular season. He, inexplicably, just hasn't had many chances. I'd bet the house that if Janis ever does get a full chance - if not starter, a lot of plays in the rotation - with the Packers or (REGRETTABLY) with some other team, he will be a star in this league. It will be a God damned shame if it is with some other team.
    Its not inexplicable. He doesn't know how to run or time routes. He is not precise. And the QB and the coach do not trust him.

His best two plays, other than drawing interference on Go routes, are hail mary's for which he was covered pretty well.

He breaks off his own routes and attempts to catch balls thrown to other receivers. That looks promising as a #6 WR or in the 4th quarter of a preseason game, but doesn't work as a stater.

Two years ago, during WR armageddon and great offensive drought, he ran a slant route from the slot and faced a ILB in his way. His attention was distracted by the Backer, he ran into him and got knocked on his ass for his trouble. He had ZERO idea how to adjust the route and zero idea how to draw contact in such a way as to get a flag called on the ILB.

I would use him only inside the 20 on specially designed plays because of his height and hops.
    Bud Adams told me the franchise he admired the most was the Kansas City Chiefs. Then he asked for more hookers and blow.